GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Tuning TSI K04 Kit + GIAC Software = 12.26 second @ 115.7mph ¼ mile!

A

Alex/AWE

Hey guys,

Here is the info you’ve been waiting for on our record setting quarter mile pass.

Car specs: 2010 Mk6 GTI with DSG.

Hardware on the car was as follows:
• AWE Tuning TSI K04 Turbo Kit with G.I.A.C. Software
• AWE Tuning Turboback Exhaust System with Diamond Black Oval Tips
• AWE Tuning C|C|B (Cold Cone Box) Intake System with Black Tubing
• AWE Tuning TSI Turbo Outlet Pipe
• AWE Tuning TSI S3 FMIC Intercooler Kit
• AWE Tuning Mk6 TSI Vent Mounted Boost Gauge Kit
• AWE Tuning TSI Boost Hose
• AWE Tuning/H&R 28mm Adjustable “Time Attack” Rear Swaybar
• AWE Tuning Sport Pedal Set
• Bilstein PSS-10 Coilovers
• StopTech 328mm Big Brake Kit
• 235/40/18 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires
• 18x8 Audi B7 A4 wheels

Our fastest time of the day was a blazing 12.26 seconds at 115.7mph.

Our highest MPH of the day was 12.419 seconds at 116.12 mph.

From the information we have at the time of this post, this is fast enough for us to claim the following:
• Fastest quarter mile time and trap speed to date for a TSI K04 powered vehicle
• Second fastest confirmed TSI quarter mile time and trap speed, outright.

These runs were done with race fuel and some interior items removed (seats, spare, mats and Dunkin Donut coffee cups).

Note: removal of some interior trim is fairly standard practice for drag racing.

Our best pass with 93 octane and a full interior was: 12.79 seconds at 112.65 mph.

These runs were done on our daily driven Mk6 GTI. This was not a purpose built drag car. We did not use a special file. We did not use prototype parts. We did not use drag tires. In fact, all the performance products on the car are part of our normal product catalog. The car performed flawlessly (still continues to do so) and was driven to the track and back home under its own power.

Special thanks to G.I.A.C. for some amazing software tuning. Watch the forums for testimonials coming from clients about this awesome turbo kit.

Photos from the day:

Time Slips:
Our car is #505.

Video:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
DRs and you may be knocking at the 11s door. Great job that thing is moving.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I remember growing up an seeing stripped, drag race dedicated civics getting times like this at Battle of the Imports... Now this daily driven, track tuned, GTI is getting similar times!!!!

Amazing!!!

What's the best way for me to launch my DSG GTI since we have similar rubber?

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
very impressive, you guys are in the stage 3 territory now :eek::eek:

stage 3 territory? it is faster than my stage 3...i might get one these kits back... ;) or maybe I can take my stage 3 to Cecil to see what happens.

ZGTI

Banned
stage 3 territory? it is faster than my stage 3...i might get one these kits back... ;) or maybe I can take my stage 3 to Cecil to see what happens.

what is your best time on stage 3 ??

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
what is your best time on stage 3 ??

12.3 on 93oct tune full interior my car weights 3400lbs + 150lbs me. I have a Quattro car though. I am sure that with the Race file APR now offers for the stage 3 my car can run 11's with a full interior.

But now with this K04 i am sure my car could run 10's for sure hahahaha:D

Stanielz

Ready to race!
12.3 on 93oct tune full interior my car weights 3400lbs + 150lbs me. I have a Quattro car though. I am sure that with the Race file APR now offers for the stage 3 my car can run 11's with a full interior.

But now with this K04 i am sure my car could run 10's for sure hahahaha:D

well difference drive train isnt a fair direct comparison to the GTI.

good job guys. i've had this file for a couple of days now and man., its no joke.