GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBK + XDS

bbg

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, first post here. I have new brakes for my car (2010 GTI 6MT), Front 328mm Stoptech BBK and rear stoptech lines, pads and slotted rotors. Braking power is good, not much noise, everything is good but I don't like when XDS kicks-in at some highway turns, I feel like XDS brakes too hard on 1 of the front wheel which makes the car jerking. Anyone had the same experience and a solution for it? thanks

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Hey, I have the Porsche setup.
I usually have XDS set at 2 for the street , with street pads.
Las year went to a track day with my setup, but with Performance Friction 08 track pads.
The shudders from the XDS were so violent, had to pull over and reduce XDS to the low setting, and even then the shudder was terrible, but only 2-3 times per turn as opposed to several more per turn.
So changing the setting of the XDS, or cancelling XDS completely, by disabling the steering sensor... Thus will also completely remove stability control

bbg

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for reply, I am thinking to set XDS to weak, so it doesn't kick in as often but I assume it still would break 'too hard' when it kicks in? Brake assist settings shouldn't affect how hard XDS brakes? I'm still bedding-in the new brake and gonna see if there's any change after bedded-in. Maybe it's time to buy my vagcom. . . p.s. I can't heel/toe anymore since I have the new brake :mad0259:

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Strange, i have the same 328mm Stoptech kit and run the XDS on strong for street, autox, and track. I works great, even better with the BBK. In my experience XDS doesn't interfere like ABS, it seems to be much smoother. I don't notice or have any issues with it. Now i DO notice XDS kicking in. It's much more aggressive.

For me the pedal with stock brakes was too low under hard track braking to heel-toe. Now it heel-toes like clockwork. :) Probably takes some getting used to, braking is more sensitive with the BBK.