GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS Super RS

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
cant wait to see them mounted

gtibot

Ready to race!
but im thinking about doing few things to them before i get tires, heres what im choosing between if i can sell my other kidney.

Polishing the lips and the centers and maybe this:

option number 1.

option number 2.

both pictures are BBS RS's

sweet wheels. my vote goes to option 2!

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Oh hai!? So you finally got them? Congrats! Hmmmm Prima Donna on CW yummy. Either way, that or BBS gold its classic and will never get old. With these wheels there pretty much no wrong choice. Just don't polish the barrels. Its only fun for 1 day.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Oh hai!? So you finally got them? Congrats! Hmmmm Prima Donna on CW yummy. Either way, that or BBS gold its classic and will never get old. With these wheels there pretty much no wrong choice. Just don't polish the barrels. Its only fun for 1 day.

yeaa i hear ya! and i love the way they look just the way they are so maybe i'll keep waffle centers stock bbs silver and just polish the bolts, lips and the Hex Caps. And theres always next season to go primadonnas.. ;)

next on the list:
1) re drill to 5x112
2) nice wash/clean
3) polishing
4) tires 205/40/18 front 215/40/18 rear but what brand :confused:
5) hub rings
6) test fit to see if i want them to be spaced out more

Sometime in April they will be on my car since i want to finish all of the body work first while all of the salt on the roads washes away with some spring rain.

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
4) tires 205/40/18 front 215/40/18 rear but what brand :confused:

yoko s.drives are pretty much the only summers i would look at unless you really want to get rid of your liver to go with the 2 kidneys for the wheels haha

Nitto gens are a good all season option which are designed for more camber

as far as colors...i love the white face with gold bolts and hex cap....that same thing with black faces would be nasty too

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
yoko s.drives are pretty much the only summers i would look at unless you really want to get rid of your liver to go with the 2 kidneys for the wheels haha

Nitto gens are a good all season option which are designed for more camber

as far as colors...i love the white face with gold bolts and hex cap....that same thing with black faces would be nasty too

many people been telling me to get Yoko S including RSMark5 but i hear they are not true to their size and i will not have any stretch what so ever :iono:

and im definitely cambering the rears ;)

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
many people been telling me to get Yoko S including RSMark5 but i hear they are not true to their size and i will not have any stretch what so ever :iono:

and im definitely cambering the rears ;)

they are pretty true...check out on tire rack for detailed specs....tires like say falkens are what don't run true...they run small

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Really limited by the size to what tire choices you have. Toyo Proxy4's Nitto Neogens Yoko S-drives and Nankang AS-1s are your only choices < $200 a tire. If you get your alignment right theres you won't get camber wear and theres no need for neogens. Proxy4's have brittle sidewalls (bad for lips) and Nankings are an all season. Its a tough call really but its much better than a 215/35/18 which has a much wider selection of tires but is way too small for the Mk6.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Really limited by the size to what tire choices you have. Toyo Proxy4's Nitto Neogens Yoko S-drives and Nankang AS-1s are your only choices < $200 a tire. If you get your alignment right theres you won't get camber wear and theres no need for neogens. Proxy4's have brittle sidewalls (bad for lips) and Nankings are an all season. Its a tough call really but its much better than a 215/35/18 which has a much wider selection of tires but is way too small for the Mk6.

I really am leaning towards S drives since i hear nothing but good things about them ahh they are pricey tho..
heres S drives with same tires and wheels specs as mine
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5060760-Feeler-18x8-18x9-Works-Equips

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Congrats dude... awesome wheels!! Join the BBS club lol :thumbsup:

BTW I like option number one best, that would be a really nice look for a Candy White MK6.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I am not a big fan of the gold bolts... on option 1.. option 2 looks better IMO. +1 on looking forward to the images...

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I've decided to keep them silver for this season, but still going to polish the lips, bolts and the Hex caps. After talking to few people I will no longer be re drilling them and will go with so wobble bolts.