GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best foam gun??

DriverFound1

Ready to race!
Ok Gentlemen...and the few ladies on here! Who has a foam gun, what brand and do you like it??

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
actually finally got this one & used it last night...

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-75QGFMR-Foamaster-Adjustable-Cleaning/dp/B000XTH1GY

could not be hapier, not sure why i didnt get one sooner!

also ordered the "maxi suds II" shampoo, it foams like crazy.

pretty funny when my neighbors came out to see what i was doing.
my son had a blast also..lol

I never knew these were so cheap. Are you able to turn the foam off so you can wet the car, foam, hand wash, then rinse with straight water without removing the gun? If so I'm sold.

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
Another vote for the Gilmour. It's a decent stand in if you don't have a pressure washer. But I'm going to make the move up to one so I can get the snow foam and I want to learn to take my detailing to a new level.

Gilmour is great though! :thumbsup:

hvltg

Ready to race!
no option to run water and no foam... you will need to grab a
garden hose quick connector. Kinda pain in the ass without one if you only have one hose. any hardware store will have them for few bucks..

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
no option to run water and no foam... you will need to grab a
garden hose quick connector. Kinda pain in the ass without one if you only have one hose. any hardware store will have them for few bucks..

For the Gilmour?

It has a built-in quick connect where the sprayer handle attaches to the bottle/foam gun piece.

So you can run water and foam out of the same hose.

Schlen

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ This, just got mine yesterday, haven't used it yet, but the dial allows you to run water only.

OTDetailer

Passed Driver's Ed
I own both foam guns before, but I like the gilmour more...the dials are easier to adjust than the flowmaster. A B C D E ( settings I think ) A less foam, E most foam.

The flowmaster has a tube going across it...but I find it clumsy..don't really know what settings I'm on. Lets say I using a soap thats multi-purpose...the more foam ratio I put out of the gun, the more cleaning power it has ( stripping waxes ), but what if I don't want to do that? That's where the Gilmour comes in for me, I know what setting i'm on, instead of guessing on a tube.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
^^ This, just got mine yesterday, haven't used it yet, but the dial allows you to run water only.

I have the Gilmore, and yes can switch easily between water or foam. I am happy with it, but if you wash with a pressure washer get a foam cannon. Definitely worth getting the gun though.