GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best looking/highest quality GTI style badgeless grille

Uamishka

Ready to race!
Hey there! I am planning to possibly fill the notch in my hood. What are you guys running for the badgeless GTI style grille? Which one is best quality that you guys have used or seen. Thanks in advance!

finallyamused

Ready to race!
i got this one from urotuning.

http://www.urotuning.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GR-VWG6-B'

nice fit makes, fast shipping from these guys.

now i got this hole in by hood. how were you planning on getting that filled?

body shops fill the hole, with what? bondo? and then they color match it?

Most badgeless grilles come with a "hood notch" that "fills" the hole that is left, but will look ugly as all hell unless you go to a body shop and have them finish the job.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
The right way to do it is to have the notch welded up not bondo or body filler that shit will crack right off

Uamishka

Ready to race!
The right way to do it is to have the notch welded up not bondo or body filler that shit will crack right off

I have a Revozport kevlar fiber hood that i am thinking of fiberlassing. I will see if that's even possible and the result that it will give me. Welding a metal hood would be a sure thing but with this i am a little iffy at this point. Thanks for the input.

Uamishka

Ready to race!

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
This looks great but i want the honeycomb style one. In any case the question that i have to you is the notch in the bumper covered up? Let me know, thanks!

ye the notch covered it up, obv its not as good looking as getting it professionally done at the shop.

However i dont think i want to change the shape of the hood, as i might go back to the stock look in the future.

also my car is carbon steel gray and notch is dark so its not that noticeable.