GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best price/quality for rear view camera?

clownish

just clowning around
Anyone got some opinions on the best place to buy an OEM or OEM+ mk6 rear emblem rear-view camera? I've got a stock mk6 sound system, with a shallow 10in sub and amp. Considering a new head unit and adding a rear view.

miomiller

Ready to race!
I purchased from this seller on eBay last June and it works very well. No complaints on my end. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to use the provided emblem since the non-camera hatch emblem will not fit. The emblem for the camera is deeper/thicker. I only mention that because I ended up removing it from the camera and spraying it with glossy black paint since I could not fit my non-camera glossy black one. (I can only speak for the unit that I purchased and have no idea if this is the case for others).

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
i installed a rear view camera recently. i was going to wire it up to the head unit until i my research led me to learn about all these new rear-view mirrors that triple up as a dash cam, mirror, and touch-screen display. i picked up a Pelsee P12 and i've been pleasantly impressed. there are many options to choose but i picked this one because it had some "smart" features like detecting cars entering your blind spots. i thought it was a gimmick but it works surprisingly well.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I got this one off aliexpress that I'm quite happy with, its been 2 years since I've installed it with my MIB2 unit.
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=8120828671957497
1691079842595.png

clownish

just clowning around

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Anyone got some opinions on the best place to buy an OEM or OEM+ mk6 rear emblem rear-view camera? I've got a stock mk6 sound system, with a shallow 10in sub and amp. Considering a new head unit and adding a rear view.

I am very happy with mine. About same setup as you. I purchased the RCD330+ head unit and their rear emblem camera.
RCD330 head unit (carplay or android capable), no codes needed, it is an Asian market OEM unit.
The rear camera is an OEM look a like for way less, quality good.

I have had it for almost 2 years, very happy with the setup. Sept 2021 the camera was 135 and headunit was 359. RCD330 dot com.

clownish

just clowning around
Oh that's perfect unless I want to spring for the fancy MIB2 headunit. I think that just gives me better screens, basically. I only use android/carplay so everything else is irrelevant to me - eg. sd card, cd, radio, nav etc.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Screen is fine unless you watch movies. I only use car play mostly lossless Apple music, Google maps, iMessage, backup cam. Happy with setup. It is corded but plenty of cordless usb dongles. i mostly use it corded just to keep my phone charged up especially on trips when using Google Maps.

I have regular speakers with the addition of the Rockford 10in powered sub and the sound is surprisingly good.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...