GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beware of SPM Motor Mounts

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
Here's the trans mount! Looks almost as good as the motor mount! Inferior manufacturing is what happened and the complete and total lack of quality customer service has sealed the deal to make this whole ordeal even better! image.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
Can't you just see the awsome-ness of these mounts! And they lasted a whole long year and 15,000 WHOLE MILES!! Wow!!image.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
sorry about spreading these out over multiple post but it's the only way without resizing them at this moment.image.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
Not saying everyone will experience these same issues but I just thought it was important to let other know what can happen and to keep a very close eye on them. But definitely don't expect support from the manufacturer above anything else.

After installing the BFI STG2 Mounts today it just makes the SPM Mounts look and feel like toys. The car feels 1000 times better than it ever felt with the SPM mounts! Night and day difference! Car feels butter smooth and absolutely locked in! What an amazing difference!

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
BFI mounts: A simple, effective and reusable design. I like them.

zipsled

Ready to race!
I was seriously considering SPM mounts...but no longer. Especially after this and everything I have read over the last couple of months.
They are exhibiting classic symptoms of a company circling the drain.

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
I was seriously considering SPM mounts...but no longer. Especially after this and everything I have read over the last couple of months.
They are exhibiting classic symptoms of a company circling the drain.

This is the precise purpose of this thread. The Euro community should know which companies to patronize and which ones to stay away from.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Ive been saying SPM is a joke since they shipped my FMIC like this:

20140911_100605.jpg
20140911_100800.jpg

When i emailed them and said i wasnt interested in money back or a return (since it works and kinda fits)i just wanted to know how they thought this was acceptable. They said they would look into it and after repeated emails ive heard nothing back. This was over a year ago...

That company is a joke. I would advise everyone to stay the hell away from them.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I recently had an issue with their V1 intercooler kit fitment. I have had the hot side hose from TOP to hot side blow off on two occasions now leaving the car undriveable. The kit fit fine on my GTI but terrible on the Golf R. I had to modify a few locations. I questioned if the kits were interchangeable and the response I got was the hose had likely reformed from the GTI and did not fit well to the Golf R. They offered to ship me a replacement hose they had on display if I paid shipping. I was happy with the offering, expecting shipping on east coast to be about $10. $25 and three weeks later they're still trying to remove it from the display unit. WTF???

Last edited:

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
I recently had an issue with their V1 intercooler kit fitment. I have had the hot side hose from TOP to hot side blow off on two occasions now leaving the car undriveable. The kit fit fine on my GTI but terrible on the Golf R. I had to modify a few locations. I questioned if the kits were interchangeable and the response I got was the hose had likely reformed from the GTI and did not fit well to the Golf R. They offered to ship me a replacement hose they had on display if I paid shipping. I was happy with the offering, expecting shipping on east coast to be about $10. $20 and three weeks later they're still trying to remove it from the display unit. WTF???

Why doesn't any of this surprise me. There seems to be a trend here with SPM products and service!

madmycal

Ready to race!
Pretty sure SPM was bought out by ECS Tuning-hence the lack of support... I used to be a dealer from them, but since the "buyout" or whatever has happened I have not been able to contact anyone there for quite some time.

I have had these mounts with about 23k miles (k04 and now big turbo) with no issues (yet).

Looks like the poly bushing material on your mount is crap. Only other ways I could see this happening is if it was not torqued enough causing the mount to bounce around and eventually fail, or torqued too much causing it to "squeeze" itself out.

No excuse on the customer service side, in my opinion they should have replaced with no questions asked.