GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bi-Xenon Headlamp Help?

upnthebid

1983 MK1
I have the Bi-Xenon Headlamps and have been trying to figure out what the inside lamp(s) is for and when do they illuminate. Every scenario that I can create only utilized the outside Xenon lamp, a third lamp under the Xenon, or the driving lamps.

This is what I can recreate;

1. DRL utilize the Xenon's only.
2. Low Beam utilizes the Xenon's only.
3. High Beam utilize the Xeonn's only.
4. Driving Lamp can only be utilized in Low and with the Xenon's only.
5. Parking Lamps are under the Xenon's and turn one when the lamp switch is on and the car is off. They are on in the photo below.

What do the inside lamp(s) do? Is it me or are these things just ornamental in the US.

Attachments

• DSCN0986.jpg
    DSCN0986.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 182

zee

Go Kart Champion
They are your turn signals. Put on your hazard lights and look again.

upnthebid

1983 MK1
man... you just made my day. I have been stuck on lamps and never thought about signals. Can you tell I lost on "SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER"?

zee

Go Kart Champion
LOL. I was wishing I had a Staples "easy" button while I typed the response.

gotti1

Ready to race!
I have been wondering what the little white light under the the xenon headlamp is for?

edgary

Ready to race!
I have been wondering what the little white light under the the xenon headlamp is for?

Those turn on once you manually turn on the headlights. As far as what it actually does, it illuminates... a tad more; and looks nice :thumbup:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
The lower non-round lights are parking lights - they'll stay on if your headlights are on and you trn off the car. The Euro headlight switch has a position that just turns these on.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
The lower non-round lights are parking lights - they'll stay on if your headlights are on and you trn off the car. The Euro headlight switch has a position that just turns these on.

Hence it can be used whilst driving as DRLs? When you turn this switch do the rear lights switch on too?

Thnx for the clarification.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
I have the Bi-Xenon Headlamps and have been trying to figure out what the inside lamp(s) is for and when do they illuminate. Every scenario that I can create only utilized the outside Xenon lamp, a third lamp under the Xenon, or the driving lamps.

This is what I can recreate;

1. DRL utilize the Xenon's only.
2. Low Beam utilizes the Xenon's only.
3. High Beam utilize the Xeonn's only.
4. Driving Lamp can only be utilized in Low and with the Xenon's only.
5. Parking Lamps are under the Xenon's and turn one when the lamp switch is on and the car is off. They are on in the photo below.

What do the inside lamp(s) do? Is it me or are these things just ornamental in the US.

Right when I stick the key in and fire it up, at the same time I turn on the lamps and pull out the knob for fog lights. You do this, you can watch the bi-xeon sync/calibrate itself with lights on, at night, its darn cool looking. I drive like this day or night, and keep light bending on, another very cool feature.