GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bi-xenon headlights price

zhamel0326

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how much the bi-xenon headlights cost? I bought a base model GTI and have the crappy headlights and was wondering how much the xenon ones cost that come with the sunroof package or autobahn package. I can't find a price anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I think it was $2000-3000 I think.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i almost pooped. almost 3k for xenons! good thing i have them already.:eek::D i wonder how much the led xenons would be.:iono:

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I would forget about them and invest in engine and suspension work.

Or get an HID kit from one of the vendors on the board. I know that USP Motorsports has a kit for mk6.

It's $3000.00 for the stock GTI rims too lol. Shitz is expensive.

zhamel0326

Ready to race!
Damn, i should of just gotten the sunroof package then. I can't believe they're that much. maybe i'll get the S5 headlights. and yeah im saving up for the APR ecu

pvivino

Ready to race!
The stock HID system is fairly complex. It includes auto-leveling to keep the Xenons beams from pointing far off in the distance as you go over a hill. They also including a system that turns left and right as you steer. They also have the cut-off that moves up and down to go from low to high beam.

Many cars with Xenon's just have a Xenon low beam with Halogen high beams and none of the other features.

09vdubgti

Banned
on the mk5 forums what some ppl used to do is get Acura hids and retrofit them on the xenon housing. Cheaper and better than the oem xenons.

zhamel0326

Ready to race!
that looks good but not something I want to do. So the headlights that come with the sunroof package are bi-xenon? there is no way that a $1500 package has $3000 lights

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't this thread be moved to Interior/exterior mods forum