GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Call Quality?

dowright82

WRX Convert
So I've got 5000 miles on the clock of my favorite GTI, but wondered if I'm the only one who constantly has complaints from people I talk to over the bluetooth??

Each time I'm on the phone with someone they tell me that I sound very static-covered or ECHOEY - but I hear them perfectly - - - no, its not my phone as I've experienced this with several phones of my friends etc . . .

whats your opinion of the call quality you've experienced??

I always roll windows up, close sunroof and talk at a NORMAL volume.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Nope... never had any call quality problems.

It might have to do with the phone's Bluetooth connection... some phones have a very weak Bluetooth transceiver, I know my old HTC Touch had it. If the Bluetooth earphone was on the other side of my body from the phone, static would occur.

Interference might also cause problems - is your car tinted with a metallic tint on the windows? Is there any other chargers/accessories active in during your phone call? Live next door to a military base with a radar system?

What phone do you have?

tfcGTI

Ready to race!
I have the same complaints and I am hoping the new cell phone I get in March will solve that. I sound as if I am in an echo chamber.

scbastv

Ready to race!
no complaints here and i use that thing all the time!

vman1979

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a bluetooth sound problem it turned out to be my video in motion adapter as soon as i removed that it was perfect!

MofoG23

Ready to race!
No problems with an iPhone 3G and Blackberry 8330 - very clear. BT Audio also sounds pretty good.

mikochu

boogerface
I have my iPhone 3GS tethered to my GTI...I haven't had any issues. I even ask people if they can hear me clearly. They say I sound fine. Also, surprisingly, I'm impressed with the BT Audio option with my iPhone. I thought it would sound horrendous. It sounds real good.

Oh yeah, the Microphone button on the steering wheel, how the hell do you use it? It just seems to mute my music...

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, the Microphone button on the steering wheel, how the hell do you use it? It just seems to mute my music...

That's only of use if you have the upgraded Bluetooth on the Navigation, I believe. The one that can do voice recognition phonebook.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
I have used the stock Bluetooth for the first 4000 miles, then added the one that allows full MFD control over bluetooth, and I've asked the people I have talked to, and never had a problem, most said they didn't know i was in my car.

s2kguy

Ready to race!
No problems, and I've had comments that the sound quality is excellent. Wish I could say the same about the wife's Acura TSX. Trying to place a call is very frustrating.

mikochu

boogerface
I have used the stock Bluetooth for the first 4000 miles, then added the one that allows full MFD control over bluetooth, and I've asked the people I have talked to, and never had a problem, most said they didn't know i was in my car.

Which is this MFD-enhanced Bluetooth option you speak of? Also, how much? :D

zee

Go Kart Champion
You are right kimsballs. I turned on voicedial on mine this weekend. Works very well, even at highway speeds.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
PM'd u bubuski