GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boxster BBK OEM-ish Build

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Hey did you have 4 of these with the calipers.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-parts/brake-pad-damping-plate-priced-each/99635108802~uro/

They would've been on the back of the pads. These calipers are pretty noisy without them from what I have read.

No mine didn't have any dampeners on them. I'm going to try brake quiet with ceramic pads first and if they're too loud I will probably go this route. Might just go ahead and order these though since it's a problem

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
No mine didn't have any dampeners on them. I'm going to try brake quiet with ceramic pads first and if they're too loud I will probably go this route. Might just go ahead and order these though since it's a problem

If you order them, make sure you put these in holes first, then test fit the pads. The fit is really tight with OEM pads, not sure how it will fit with the other pads you are running. If the pads will fit, then peel the backer of the double side tape then slide the pads in.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
If you order them, make sure you put these in holes first, then test fit the pads. The fit is really tight with OEM pads, not sure how it will fit with the other pads you are running. If the pads will fit, then peel the backer of the double side tape then slide the pads in.

Thanks for the tip!! Will add to the DIY!

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tip!! Will add to the DIY!

No problem, the Porsche Brembo brakes are awesome, and once installed the pads can be swapped without removing the calipers. When I had my 997 C2S and 997 GT3, I didn't use these noise reducers, as I found the noise was fine.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
what wheels specs are needed for these to fit?

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
I've been told that the stock Detroit's need an 8mm spacer at the very least to clear, preferably 10mm. They are 18x7.5 ET51.

ok Im gonna be running Rotiform TMB's that are 18 x 8.5 et 45.. so i may still need a spacer then

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
ok Im gonna be running Rotiform TMB's that are 18 x 8.5 et 45.. so i may still need a spacer then

I'm on VMR 710 18x8.5 et 45 so we will see. I'm hoping no spacer will be needed.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
I'm on VMR 710 18x8.5 et 45 so we will see. I'm hoping no spacer will be needed.

ok cool. So your are my test subject because I'm so close to pulling the trigger on building this same kit.

Roctre

Ready to race!
ok cool. So your are my test subject because I'm so close to pulling the trigger on building this same kit.

The VMRs will fit them no question just due to the spoke design and being 18s these fit most 17in wheels. Now the rotiforms I want to say yes but they don't have a big brake(granted these aren't very big brakes) friendly spoke design so i'm not 100% sure.

Roctre

Ready to race!

You will be fine we have the same style wheel mine is just 18x8 et45 and it will fit that fine and I know it will fit the bigger 17z calipers also. I also the rest of the stuff ordered for my boxster upgrade today so we will probably finish around the same time :)

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
You will be fine we have the same style wheel mine is just 18x8 et45 and it will fit that fine and I know it will fit the bigger 17z calipers also. I also the rest of the stuff ordered for my boxster upgrade today so we will probably finish around the same time :)

That's great to know! Where did you end up going for your bracket?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion