GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brobst's road to k04- 13' CSG 6MT

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Pardon my dust. Color may be just a hair darker. That's either me spraying too close or car just has more sun days than the emblem.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
HPA 75a red dogbone mount installed.
First impressions- Vibrations on engagement from stop. Vibrations on reverse. I could see this being annoying in stop and go traffic. But the thing about the vibrations, they are not bad. Rather it is vibrations connecting you to the car if that makes sense. I get a better sense of the engine and what it is doing.
For shifting, it has shown immediate effects by removing that jerky feeling from 1st to 2nd. I think it is worth it just for that reason. Shifts feel smoother. I would also say I can feel clutch engagement more due to the connected feeling.
Overall- if those major vibrations go away after the 500 miles break in period, then I will be very satisfied with this mod.
It has not gone through the wife test yet though, so we will see if she notices or not the vibrations.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Re-torqued to 50nm and a 1/4 and the vibrations are easily half as much. Mod feels much better to me now and I am more confident the roughness will go away more over time.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I used a torque wrench when installing mine and followed instructions exactly. Mount has definitely loosened up but there is still some vibe at idle and when talking off in first gear. Not bad , but noticeable. Shifts are incredibly smooth now.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I used a torque wrench when installing mine and followed instructions exactly. Mount has definitely loosened up but there is still some vibe at idle and when talking off in first gear. Not bad , but noticeable. Shifts are incredibly smooth now.

It has been about 500miles since I had it re torqued to the proper setting. I would say that vibrations are very settled down. Nothing that upsets the gf. Basically only notice it in reverse. I wonder if 500 miles of reverse will fix that :thumbup:.

The shifts are smoother and I do not experience the first to second lock out anymore that would happen under hard acceleration.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Finally got the solid shifter bracket bushings, 42dd shifter bushings, and the VF engineering Short shifter installed on 20%. Shifter feels more connected. Definitely like the improvement. Total mod cost under $200, it is worth it.
Was not looking for side to side reduction, or something too beyond OEM. So this was a good fit for me.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Nice!