GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bronze or gold detroits

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Thinking of plastidipping my detroits and then painting them over with a bronze or gold paint. Do you guys think it will look nice?

I have a carbon steel grey gti

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say, you might want to do a mockup in photoshop first. Also, I would not recommend painting over Plastidip; it will be a pain in the ass to remove. Plus, PD already offers bronze and gold finishes that look great.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Id love to see some photos of the bronze.

Try the vintage gold dip https://www.dipyourcar.com/True-Metallic-Plasti-Dip-Spray.html

Once I see some denvers dipped this color I will then attempt to do mine for my winter set.

Last edited:

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say, you might want to do a mockup in photoshop first. Also, I would not recommend painting over Plastidip; it will be a pain in the ass to remove. Plus, PD already offers bronze and gold finishes that look great.

I was thinking exactly this. Why go through the trouble of plastidiping to paint over it? I would probably go with a Bronze if I were you, but honestly, I have yet to see Detroits that have had their color altered and still look good. That is just my opinion though, it's your car, do what you think looks good.