GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

JhnR

Banned
You just revived it !

tzd

Ready to race!
How important is form factor to you? From the options you have listed, I think you don't really care much about space or number of doors. In that case, why don't you consider the BR-Z or FR-S (if you can get your hands on one)?

disclaf

Ready to race!
Thanks for reviving the thread techchallenger!
Update:
Wife got a full-time job, big salary increase, she gets a new car!
I keep my GTI and increase the pace of modding! :thumbup:
Which car did she get?
2013 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus, Volcano Red
Check it out:

Attachments

• IMG_2505.JPG
    IMG_2505.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 174

tzd

Ready to race!
Doh! I got duped into this thread. Anyway nice car! I like that Red! My wife just got the 2013 A5 too. But frankly having driven both, I still prefer my Golf.

disclaf

Ready to race!
How important is form factor to you? From the options you have listed, I think you don't really care much about space or number of doors. In that case, why don't you consider the BR-Z or FR-S (if you can get your hands on one)?

The BR-Z and FR-S have crossed my mind - I really need to test drive one.
I would probably wait for the turbo version.

And since my wife scored the new A4, it looks like I will be keeping my GTI for at least another 2 years - especially after all of my recent mods. At that point, I will be probably be choosing between a new MkVII GTI, a used Cayman S, or a used S4 (or continue to hold my breath for the rumored entry-level Alfa sports coupe)

Last edited:

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

Horrible choice for a daily driver...way to slow, zero torque. When they add turbo this will change.

techchallenger

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for reviving the thread techchallenger!
Update:
Wife got a full-time job, big salary increase, she gets a new car!
I keep my GTI and increase the pace of modding! :thumbup:
Which car did she get?
2013 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus, Volcano Red
Check it out:

Nice! Glad to get to the end of the story!

Wood

Ready to race!
The BR-Z and FR-S have crossed my mind - I really need to test drive one.
I would probably wait for the turbo version.

Seats are uncomfortable as hell! Rode in my buddies new BRZ for 5 minutes and had a sore back after getting out. Definately not a DD