GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buttons In Front Of The Shifter

VWGTIMK6

Ready to race!
I know what the traction control one does, but that is the only one I have there. What are the other factory buttons in that array there and why don't I have more? For example there is a comfort and sport button. I have the DSG as pictured but seem to be lacking the additional options. Is there a way to add the other buttons and is there a technicial term for that array? I'd like to get the part number for that start engine button off the 2011 jetta, rip the button appart and wire it to my ignition. Insert the key turn to primary and push the button to start, when done, turn key off and take it out. I've noticed the traction control, engine start, comfort & sport, parking sensors, what I believe to be a passenger air bag off button, and another I can't clearly see.

Attachments

• db2010au00514large.jpg
    db2010au00514large.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,365
  • 2011-volkswagen-jetta-push-start.jpg
    2011-volkswagen-jetta-push-start.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,541
  • VW-Mk6-Golf-GTI-19.jpg
    VW-Mk6-Golf-GTI-19.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 964
  • high_5.jpg
    high_5.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
The Comfort/Sport button is for the Adaptive Chassis Control (electronically controlled shocks) system that is available elsewhere in the world, just not in the US.

The other buttons that I can see are for the park-distance assist and probably a few other options that are available elsewhere.