GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying FK Streetlines

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
Soooo...you selling the STs?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
I don't have those, but on my fks I didn't install helper spring, granted I couldn't run that low because of tire specs, but it was able to drop aLOT more

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you haven't bought them yet, I would suggest WRD's (HD series). They are pretty much the same as FK's but have thicker springs for the rears. They ride smoother than my old set of Solo Werks.

sakitnyatudisini

Passed Driver's Ed
how much price you buy it ????

Zach L

VR junkie
Yes you can take out the helper springs on the FK coilovers. The car can be dropped low enough in the front so that your axle hits the car's frame. It will make a clunk when you hit a bump in the road and can be fixed by raising the car back up a bit or by getting a frame notch done.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you haven't bought them yet, I would suggest WRD's (HD series). They are pretty much the same as FK's but have thicker springs for the rears. They ride smoother than my old set of Solo Werks.

x2 on this

FK's only have a 1 year warranty

WRD's, and even the Solo's, which are identical have a 3 year warranty for the same price or less of the FK's

Just something to think about

biped

Ready to race!
Also something to think about, my fks have rusted severely. Not looking forward to cranking them down soon.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have been running FK Streetlines for about three years now. I love them. They are definitely my favorite economical Coilover. Plus you can slam them! I am 24.25" FTG with VMR 19x8.5 et45 with 225/35/19 tires with no rubbing at all! :thumbsup:

Zach L

VR junkie
FK Silverline are the anti rust version of the Highsport coilovers, which are both one level up in terms of shock quality and ride comfort from the Streetlines. If I lived somewhere cold I'd save until I could get the Silverline.

The best FK makes is the Konigsport and Silverline X, which both use Koni shocks. Koni shocks are about as comfortable and durable as money can buy. My Koni coilovers have over 140,000 miles with no issues and ride like new. I even bought them used for cheap. The FK versions go much lower though.

Zach L

VR junkie
More reason to buy used!

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
I went from streetlines to the WRD coils. 3 years after my streetlines all 4 struts were blown. Big fan of WRD. Rides good not too bouncy and goes low like FK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk