GOLFMKV

Camster and Koni Sa

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Has anyone done this combo?
Why is the shock shaft so high?

I installed 034 Camster mount today along with new Koni Special actives. I haven’t measure thread to shoulder length but it appears these mounts won’t work with SAs.

I suppose you could use spacers to get the shock shaft down but it seems like a bad plan that could lead to other issues. I’m not well versed enough in this stuff to say if that’s actually a good idea or not.

Attachments

• IMG_3516.jpeg
    IMG_3516.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3513.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Has anyone done this combo?
Why is the shock shaft so high?

I installed 034 Camster mount today along with new Koni Special actives. I haven’t measure thread to shoulder length but it appears these mounts won’t work with SAs.

I suppose you could use spacers to get the shock shaft down but it seems like a bad plan that could lead to other issues. I’m not well versed enough in this stuff to say if that’s actually a good idea or not.

I do not have the CAMster mounts, but I have SAs with the original 034 caster mounts. They are VERY close and honestly probably giving a slight kiss depending on steering input + bumps (though I’ve not heard anything when I was at stock ride height).

A small spacer between the shock shaft and camber plate would also resolve the issue. Need to 100% verify it’s not a lightly “coned” surface though. Would probably want a hardened and accurately machined spacer, not a common washer. Or if so, at least a grade 12.9 machined flat type. Again, assuming the shaft mount is truly flat.

Or you can cut the strut tower.

A conduit knockout works great and I may actually do it myself next time I have the struts out 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_7879.jpeg
    IMG_7879.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23