Go Kart Champion
Sway bars arrived

Last edited:

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Nice build so far! :thumbsup:

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! UNIbrace UB arrives this week then off to chip the DSG next week :)

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Just put the rear sway in. The back of the car is so much tighter and more planted. Turn in is amazing.

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Heavily considering your last three mods: RSB, UB and DSG tune. I am currently APR Stage1. Car will likely never see a track, just would like less roll and tired of DSG issues. Probably dont "need" any of it, but just want to spend some $$.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha. We don't need any of it but it is an addiction!

RSB is awesome. Especially given the price. UB arrives tonight. I'll let you know my thoughts soon. DSG tune is going in next week.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Unibrace!

Last edited:

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Installed front sway, Stoptech brake pads and tuned DSG. Car is rocking right now.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Custom coilover springs arrived.

Last edited:

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
What rate are the springs you got? What were the rates of the springs that came with the coilovers, and why did you opt to change the rates from what the coilovers came with. Did you just change up the front, or just the back, or?

speedster

Go Kart Champion
They're 280 lbs/inch. The springs with the coilovers are progressive. Dampers are 340. The H&R springs that came with the coilovers collapsed on themselves. There's a whole thread on it, suffice to say that H&R are selling defective stuff and many people are facing the same problem.

I've always been unhappy with the progressive springs and how little travel they have. In short they're more low/show than performance oriented. So it was a good excuse to swap them out for something linear.

Going to change both eventually but starting with the fronts.