GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car fine last night, Limp mode this morning

NLeo

Ready to race!
My car was running great last night and today i go to start my car to go to class and i see an epc light and a cel as well as check engine service now! on the the mfd screen.

My mods are apr stage 2, 42dd catless dp, and carbonio stage 1 as well as a boost gauge.

My car wont rev past 3500 and in the lower gears if it hits boost it just cuts the throttle very similar to how the traction control works and it makes the same sound to. In 4-6th gear it will hit about 7-10psi and then slowly go down to 0 and then stay at 0.

Also when it first started i waited a few mins then restarted the car and it took very long to turn over. I then did the fault code erase threw the cruise control stack and now the epc light is off and only the cel is on and it starts up fine.

I also tried switching to 91 octane and stock mode tunes and they do exactly the same thing.

I have a service appointment tomorrow at 10am but i was just wondering if theres anything else i can try to try and make this problem go away.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i would think that with a stage 2 tune, vag-com would be a requirement. you know?

NLeo

Ready to race!
I went to a gas station i never go to last night (because its 4.20 a gal for 93) and put 5 bucks in of 93 and it ran great last night on that tank so i doubt it would be the gas.

I know i need vagcom its next on my mod list its just that im pretty short on money right now. Im thinking about disconnecting the battery for 10 mins just to reset everything and give it a shot.

AdvanSuper

Banned
Post up in the regional section and see if someone close to you has a vagcom.

NLeo

Ready to race!
I just scanned for the codes and got a P0657 VOLKSWAGEN - Actuator Supply Voltage A Circuit Open. I cleared the code and it came back right away

mikochu

boogerface
Not sure how hands-on you are, but I would remove the firewall "door" and check to make sure your ECU is secure and water has not found it's way to it.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I just scanned for the codes and got a P0657 VOLKSWAGEN - Actuator Supply Voltage A Circuit Open. I cleared the code and it came back right away

There are two possibilities that come to mind.

There is a TSB out there somewhere about the flapper motors and this may be the position sensor attached to it.

The next I can think of is the TSB for the throttle body connector popping off.

NLeo

Ready to race!
I actually fixed it and it was a blown fuse in the engine bay. It was either f21 or f22 but the fuse wasn't even in the owners manual which I thought was weird. It's working perfect again tho so at least I don't have to bring it to the stealership.

NLeo

Ready to race!
Shit.. that seems hard to diagnose. Did you just start pulling all the fuses till you found one blown?

Me and my friend just looked at them very closely and we could see that it was all burned out so it only took about 5 mins to diagnose it.