GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CARBON DOOR TRIMS

tippah1

Ready to race!
Australian vw dealer
So i got a gift voucher for $50 from the vw dealer after i purchased a 54000 GTI and thought id buy something with it. I saw the carbon door trims in the back of the GTI brochure.
Well i got them and they look good!
Comes with cleaning wipes and the carbon had adhesive already on the back of the strips. Took all of 10 min to install all 4. Also has instructions inside box
Oh and cost from vw dealer AUS$218.20

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Part numbers? Real carbon or fake? Photos?

tippah1

Ready to race!
give ma half hour i have all you want but it wont let me upload at the moment......il sort it soon.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
try imgur.com if you can't get yours to work.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Sounds good, the stock insterts are a little bit plain. Would they match the OSIR CF shifter surround??

spb1968

Passed Driver's Ed
I think, at least in the US, the description says "carbon fiber look" pieces. Not that faux carbon fiber can't look good. In fact, it's cheaper and the pieces I saw at dealer looked really nice.

I emailed OSIR re MKVI pieces. I purchased the gear surround ($80) and it really does look very nice. Perfect fit; practically factory. They confirmed their web site information that says MKVI products rolling out this summer.

I did a wish list (based on MKV prices) of OSIR:
B pillar(4 door) $300
Exhaust valence $450
side view Mirrors $400
Side skirts $600
Rear spoiler $450
Gauge frame $70
Center/radio $380
Doors/dash $360
TOTAL $3010.00 (+$shifter and cost of adhesive from OSIR)

Faux is looking better and better:)

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
We need pics! I just noticed my interior trim on the driver side door has a nicce big scratch in it. These carbon pieces would be a nice way to hide that.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
[/IMG]

How about this? I am looking to get this for the door trim. http://www.pyspeed.com/3M-DiNOC-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-p/rd-8081.htm

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Oh damn... I thought this thread was about interior trim pieces lol

That's what I thought too, don't think I'll waste heaps on external carbon bits.

My external pillar covers have faint scratches too from whoever detailed the car pre delivery. Everything scratches easily ffs.