GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior Trim Pieces with Pics! (DIY worthy?)

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion

If any locals are planning to do this, I don't mind helping and we can take pics along the way to make this a true DIY instruction guide!

If you're serious I'd be very interested in this. I have a friend with a roll of Di-Noc, and I will be free(r) in April.

Should set this up and a local Mk6 meet. :D

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering this for when I get my car. If you guys could get pics of how to remove the trim pieces (where to poke with the knife, etc.), it'd be really helpful/reassuring.

... that... or u west coast guys can come to the east? :)

siagolf

Ready to race!
what about the exterior body is there any work going on

exterior work: yes, with pics soon. :)

exterior vinyl-wrap work: no. :( i'm not a big fan of exterior vinyl wraps...just can't get my head around any type of fabric-ish material going on the outside of a car, especially with the rain we get here in Vancouver...plus, i like the shine/gloss/depth of well-maintained finishes and wouldn't want to cover that up!

thammad

Passed Driver's Ed
i noticed the rubber floor mats in your car .

im looking for this since long time some are they fo mk5 and fit to mk6

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
i noticed the rubber floor mats in your car .

im looking for this since long time some are they fo mk5 and fit to mk6

They're VW OEM Monster Mats for the mk6. I took some photos of mine in another thread, if you search I'm sure you'll find it.

DTGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
got the vinyl in but haven't had a chance to apply on car yet. also went a bought a heat gun for this vinyl, hope i'll be able to get my head into installing this weekend:w00t:

siagolf

Ready to race!
got the vinyl in but haven't had a chance to apply on car yet. also went a bought a heat gun for this vinyl, hope i'll be able to get my head into installing this weekend:w00t:

nice -- go for it! :thumbsup: i'm sure it'll work out great! let me know if you run into any snags and i'll do my best to help out.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
My AC controls don't look like that. Is that the Autobahn package?

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
It's the Canadian package ;) Dual Zone automatic...

hitbyadampayi

Passed Driver's Ed
ohh ok
your username translates into black gti in farsi so i thought you were.

back to the cf interior, where did you get the CF trim and how much did it cost? if you dont mind me asking