GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio VS VWR intake

deepblackGTI

Hey guys

I know this forum exists somewhere but i just got a new 2012 VW GTI and looking to put in a cold air inatke as my first MOD. Also is this a stage 2 kit or only stake 1.

Any ideas or what intake do you prefer or what ones better for performance ?

Am still new to VW and would love some info!

Thanks guys and gals

Sorry if this is a repeat!

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys

I know this forum exists somewhere but i just got a new 2012 VW GTI and looking to put in a cold air inatke as my first MOD. Also is this a stage 2 kit or only stake 1.

Any ideas or what intake do you prefer or what ones better for performance ?

Am still new to VW and would love some info!

Thanks guys and gals

Sorry if this is a repeat!

For the TSI it's a no brainier, right now you could get a stage 1 + 2 Carbonio for $450. It's $450 for the VWR and it does not replace all intake piping. The Carbonio looks better and is made out of better material (Carbon Fiber). I wouldn't be surprised that the Carbonio performed better too.

If you had an FSI or Golf R then the VWR is far superior. The VWR could be the best performing for the FSI because it replaces all piping, has an enclosed filter, runs a foam filter and draws air from a cool location.

Get the Carbonio and then you'd only have to do one thing after that.... Search. If you would've just looked at both of the products and pricing you would've already known everything I just wrote.

P

plac

stage 2 piping is useless, so its comparing $279 (sale) to $449. Easy decision.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
If you want the look of stage 2, just wrap your stock pipe. APR is ripping idiots off with that thing. :rolleyes:

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
stage 2 piping is useless, so its comparing $279 (sale) to $449. Easy decision.

I agree it might make 1 hp, that 1 hp would probably come from Carbon Fiber dissipating heat better than the stock. Even that is guess work though, it probably does nothing.

I think it's worth the $180 sale pricing just for the benefit to having a super clean engine bay.

CFG9000 - I'm not sure what wrap you're taking about. If its the heat wrap, it might have a small impact. If its the carbon fiber wrap from 3M I can tell you it would not match the stage 1 piece at all. The 3M wrap looks like wrap too, not like carbon fiber. My friend wrapped his corvette interior with it and the texture of it and the fact there's small ripples around certain areas make it look hideous.

As far as APR ripping people off with it I assure you it's the most expensive in taking from a materials standpoint. I don't think they reference any large power gains with it on their site either.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You have to attach the clamp properly to prevent leakage. 2 years here and no leaking :thumbsup:

CFG9000

Ready to race!
so there is not significant HP gain from the carbonio and the VWR

By itself, not that much. The real benefit comes from pairing it with a tune and possibly a downpipe.

xxmagnusxx

Ready to race!
so there is not significant HP gain from the carbonio and the VWR

Someone from WVortex stated that the FSI Carbonio intake performs the almost the same as the VWR Intake. Not much of a performance difference, considering you're using the stock "air box" with the Carbonio.

And considering the cost difference, it's not worth it. If you want the look and don't mind removing or modding your engine cover, go for it. I just dont' think it's worth paying for, esp. considering you'll need to pay more if you want an engine cover.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Someone from WVortex stated that the FSI Carbonio intake performs the almost the same as the VWR Intake. Not much of a performance difference, considering you're using the stock "air box" with the Carbonio.

And considering the cost difference, it's not worth it. If you want the look and don't mind removing or modding your engine cover, go for it. I just dont' think it's worth paying for, esp. considering you'll need to pay more if you want an engine cover.

Really? Do you have a link?

I really want to see the article because I've been curious about it.