GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
that thing is rough, but i love how they edited the photos to make it look like it was shot with a lens that had a low aperture lmao.

1710790709861.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

avenali312

Autocross Champion
$11k - $13k
I was looking at private sale numbers for my 2015 a few days ago and this seems about right, but I would say that Golfs on BAT tend to go a bit lower than those estimates. My 2015 is ranged at $10-12k, so my hunch on this one is somewhere closer to the lower end of your guess.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
wtaf

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
I think that went really well for everyone - for a BaT auction. For whatever reason a pretty small number of GTIs go up on that website, and it seemed like at least a couple people really wanted that car. The guy that got it looks to have made the account for bidding on it. My own guess was finishing around 15, definitely not less than 13. FWIW if I was shopping for that car (like I was in Nov) I would have gone up to 16.5 given the shipping required and that I would also really want that car. The original owner/seller was super responsive and personable and even provided a really detailed spreadsheet from purchase of all expenses and work. That inspired a lot of buyer confidence and comments section hype. Running a no reserve was smart also, giving people the sense of bidding for a good deal instead of against some reserve amount.

I will say that it would have gone for a few thousands less if it was on CAB. A lot more GTIs are sold there and the average price is closer to you guy's expectations, although I would still guess above 13k.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I will say that it would have gone for a few thousands less if it was on CAB. A lot more GTIs are sold there and the average price is closer to you guy's expectations, although I would still guess above 13k.
Yeah, that's a great job on the seller's part. Thorough records and a nice detail can really add value when it comes time to sell. I tend to look at CAB more so, so maybe that's what I had those lower numbers stuck in my head haha.