GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Castrol Cup in Poland Golf VI GTI 2013

bialymike

Ready to race!
"Specyfikacja samochodu VW Golf – Racing Edition

Wszystkie samochody będą posiadały identyczną specyfikację techniczną:

silnik – 2.0 TSI 315 KM (265 KM+ 50 KM z system Push-to-Pass),
skrzynia biegów DSG z manetkami do zmiany biegów przy kierownicy, Limited Slip Differential firmy Drexler,
napęd na przednie koła,
hamulce przód – AP Racing 6-tłokowe, tarcza ɸ 362 mm,
felgi – ATS 8.5 x 18,
opony 240/640 x 18 typu slick i wet,
klatka bezpieczeństwa Cr-Mo- Wiechers Motorsport, homologacja FIA i DSMB
najnowszej generacji telemetria z GPS firmy AIM,
sportowe zawieszenie (uni-balls)."

"Specifications of the VW Golf - Racing Edition car

All cars will have identical technical specifications:

Engine - 2.0 TSI 315 KM (265KM + 50 KM with the Push-to-Pass system)
DSG transmission with paddle shifters, Limited Slip Differential by Drexler
FWD
Front Brakes - AP Racing 6 "piston" (had to google translate that one), disks 362mm,
Wheels - ATS 8.5 x 18,
Tires - 240/640 x 18. slick & wet
Roll Cage Cr-Mo - Wiechers Motorsport, "approved by" (google translate again) FIA & DSMB
Newest generation "telemetry" (G-translate) (either) with (or) from GPS by AIM
Sport suspension (uni-balls)."

even tho im a pure bred polak, i was raised in the US since I was oh but a wee lad. so, as you can see, even tho i can speak, read, and write fluently, meanings (and the context of which they are used) of certain words i don't use every day escape me and force me to G-Translate :bonk:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else notice the 18.5 gallon fuel capacity? Is that an internal tank mounted on the trunk floor or a larger tank mounted in the passenger rear wheel arch like stock?

I didn't notice it, but fitting a FIA approved "fuel cell" is usual for safety purposes
in any serious racing. This is the (more advanced) VLN GT24 Scirocco:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have a feeling the cost of those mods to make it a Cup Car could probably buy you a Brand New MK7 GTI to sit next to your MK6 haha.

I have also been seeing the Golf R in WRC of late, pretty cool. Not as many sponsors these days for WRC. I personally prefer WRC, or any type of Rally Racing to Cup Racing, but either way you slice it, its pretty darn cool.

If you guys, find any more build stuff like this pertaining to the MK6 please post. These are very good finds. Thanks For Sharing.

Sadly VW will back these guys, but Void our warranties if we get a tune. Nice. haha

:icon_secta:

Jeff

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I have a feeling the cost of those mods to make it a Cup Car could probably buy you a Brand New MK7 GTI to sit next to your MK6 haha.

I have also been seeing the Golf R in WRC of late, pretty cool. Not as many sponsors these days for WRC. I personally prefer WRC, or any type of Rally Racing to Cup Racing, but either way you slice it, its pretty darn cool.
They are not Golf R in WRC, just Polo. FIA have an regulation on the engine capacity from 2.0T to 1.6T... thats why no more subaru and Ford changed focus to fiesta. However, they are still AWD and about 300 hp

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
They are not Golf R in WRC, just Polo. FIA have an regulation on the engine capacity from 2.0T to 1.6T... thats why no more subaru and Ford changed focus to fiesta. However, they are still AWD and about 300 hp

Ah thank you for the info. The Polo doing 100mph+ sideways looks like a GOLF to me haha.

When did WRC go to 1.6L? Was this in the past couple of years? Man I have been out of the loop since 2012 when I sold my last Evo. I used to keep up on this stuff more.

Jeff

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Ah thank you for the info. The Polo doing 100mph+ sideways looks like a GOLF to me haha.

When did WRC go to 1.6L? Was this in the past couple of years? Man I have been out of the loop since 2012 when I sold my last Evo. I used to keep up on this stuff more.

Jeff
Yup I think it was about 2 years ago... I dont really watch their race because of time difference but I do care about the cars lol. The Polo do get the R stuff and VW made a limited edition of polo WRC for the road last year.. but only in Europe of course...
That steering wheel.... !

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yup I think it was about 2 years ago... I dont really watch their race because of time difference but I do care about the cars lol. The Polo do get the R stuff and VW made a limited edition of polo WRC for the road last year.. but only in Europe of course...
That steering wheel.... !

What is the power output of these Polo R's? Not the WRC but the OEM version?

Yes that Alcantara steering wheel is the shizzle. Like that!!

That is a sweet ride, and its AWD?

Jeff

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I mean check out this video. They are going to race with these wet conditions with high HP GTI's :w00t:

I mean this is nuts :thumbup:

Can you say WHEELSPIN Everyone?? haha

Last edited:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Can someone please teach me how to embed youtube videos on this site? :bonk:

Thanks

Jeff
Volkswagen expands its Polo range with a new high-performance variant. Limited to 2,500 units the Volkswagen Polo R WRC is priced at 33,900 euros with first customer deliveries scheduled in September 2013.

VW Polo R WRC is powered by a 162 kW (220 hp) 2.0-liter TSI engine with maximum torque of 350 Nm. The top speed is 243 km/h and the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h takes 6.4 seconds. Power is transferred to the front wheels via a manual six-speed gearbox.
">
Volkswagen expands its Polo range with a new high-performance variant. Limited to 2,500 units the Volkswagen Polo R WRC is priced at 33,900 euros with first customer deliveries scheduled in September 2013.

VW Polo R WRC is powered by a 162 kW (220 hp) 2.0-liter TSI engine with maximum torque of 350 Nm. The top speed is 243 km/h and the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h takes 6.4 seconds. Power is transferred to the front wheels via a manual six-speed gearbox.
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">