GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catless DP w/o Resonator

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Hey guys I have a catless Eurojet TBE and love it.

I was just a little disappointed when I saw that it had a resonator on the downpipe just before it connects to the catback section.

I feel that the muffler and suitcase muffler is more than enough for resonating and that the resonator on the DP is overkill. It's such nice sounding exhaust, just trying to get a little more sound out of it.

Any suggestions on a catless DP that does not have a resonator? I think Eurojet sells another one on their website that is slightly different than the one included with the MK6 TBE.

Not trying to spend more than 400-450 on a new downpipe.

I'd rather buy a new DP than rig a beautifully designed vbanded dp to remove the resonator. My Eurojet Catless DP will be for sale.

Thanks,
Emil

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
The Godspeed DP is catless and res-less. It's also about $150 + shipping, and a bang-for-buck product.

Uberryan

Banned
I thought the EJ TBE came with both the resonated section, and the test pipe (non-resonated) section, so you could choose?

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
The Godspeed DP is catless and res-less. It's also about $150 + shipping, and a bang-for-buck product.

Thanks! Checked out some reviews on Vortex and they look all good. Hard to pass up on that price.

I thought the EJ TBE came with both the resonated section, and the test pipe (non-resonated) section, so you could choose?

I got mine the way it was. Nothing to interchange.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
thats weird, my downpipe didnt come resonated. E/J said the resonator was in the cat back section of the exhaust

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
ATP makes a catless, resonator-less downpipe. Can't really vouch for the quality as it's been sitting in a box in the garage for three months and will be until I decide when I want to do software.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Billy Boat

As far as I know, the Billy Boat automatically comes with a cat.

Eurojet DOES make a non-cat, non-res downpipe. @ $400

ATP can be bought without a cat or res, but it's not CBFA friendly. @ $370

UR (I think) can be bought without a cat or res, don't know about it's CBFA compatibility. @ $400

USP can be bought without a cat or res, and is both CCTA AND CBFA friendly. @ $370

If you want to go the cheapest route, you can try the Godspeed/Ebay pipe, which comes with no cat or res. Some love it, others do not. As far as I know, it is not CBFA friendly. @ $170

There are probably others, but these are the only ones that I can think of in the price range that you want to stay in.

Last edited:

Skeptix

Ready to race!
As far as I know, the Billy Boat automatically comes with a cat.

ATP can be bought without a cat or res, but it's not CBFA friendly. @ $370

UR (I think) can be bought without a cat or res, don't know about it's CBFA compatibility. @ $400

USP can be bought without a cat or res, and is both CCTA AND CBFA friendly. @ $370

If you want to go the cheapest route, you can try the Godspeed/Ebay pipe, which comes with no cat or res. Some love it, others do not. As far as I know, it is not CBFA friendly. @ $170

There are probably others, but these are the only ones that I can think of in the price range that you want to stay in.

False: http://www.redline-motorworks.com/B...WD_3_Catless_Downpipe_p/fpim-0475-catless.htm

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info guys.

Leaning towards the godspeed at the moment. Been reading up on it and the quality of it from the pics I've seen looks really good. A downpipe is a downpipe at the end of the day.

Anybody that knows me, knows that I don't mind paying a little extra because I do kind of live by the motto you get what you pay for. Just trying to save a few bucks because I have some big projects over the winter for my car.

Also been reading that the godspeed isn't so CBFA friendly. If so since I have a CBFA motor, what needs to be done to make it more compatible.

Thanks.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info guys.

Leaning towards the godspeed at the moment.

Also been reading that the godspeed isn't so CBFA friendly. If so since I have a CBFA motor, what needs to be done to make it more compatible.

Thanks.

At least two of the four holes on the flange that bolts up to the turbo have to be modified (notched out). Not a huge deal from what I heard.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
i think you need to drill a bung for the third o2 sensor, unless you just tie-wrap it, however you'll throw a CEL, and your emissions will be all fucked up. You might need to settle on an actual CBFA downpipe.

Yeah, I forgot about that. An extra hole has to be drilled in the pipe too....and have a bung welded in. I agree with FocalPoint.....if your CBFA, you're probably just better off getting a DP that is for a CBFA