GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cause of the 2k "studder" is the intake manifold?

Have you felt the 2k "studder"

• Total voters

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Cutting the spring actually made the stutter more noticeable since it opened faster but I never tried to slowing it down with maybe a higher rate/longer spring since I got DM to do a tune that keeps the flaps open without the use of a zip tie and no CEL, which solved the issue

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
My manifold has gone bad twice, and it's the same every time. At low speeds it feels like it's overboosting and it surges a lot. When it's really bad it feels like I don't know how to drive a manual. But it's been the same every time - very smooth when the manifold is good, and it gradually will get worse until it feels like garbage and you get a CEL for it.

First manifold made it to 30K, second one made it to 99K so I'm hoping the next one will see it to at least 150K.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
So... Is this bad for the car? Very interested

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I have over 15k on the DM tune now that keeps the flaps open upon startup with no issues, even though I would say that DM needs to fine tune the cold start a little. The car is so much more driveable now than with the flaps active in the lower RPM ranges :thumbsup:

I need this in my life.

mamock116

Ready to race!
If living in a warm climate like GA, do yall think I could get away with using the zip tie mod without getting a CEL?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Cold starts will misfire like crazy, especially during the initial high rev, so I wouldn't recommend it. With the tune, I don't have any of that, so that's the only way to go

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
In Flagstaff I'll be in trouble for misfire. In phoenix probably not so much...you think this will fix the studder Virtual?