GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charting O2 Sensor Voltage - Let's Beat the P0420!

Gino

Ready to race!
Quick thread up. Coming into a Billyboat TBE. Going the spacer route once I get it. Can someone put down further input on the suggested route? Literally been researching a bunch. Everyone has their own way. Two spacers or one on a CBFA engine. Second and last, or just second o2's. I have gotten some input, but I just want the best route the first time under the car. 42DD or Rai J-shape spacer? Heard of some vibration issues with the Rai. If anyone could help that would be great. I know this is beating a dead horse as its been discussed multiple times, but since most threads are old it might be time that someone has nearly perfected spacers. Thanks guys.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I've had the J-spacer with medium insert on the last O2 sensor for years and still no CEL. Gone from Unitronic catted to APR catted.

Dirty Harry

RAI spacer with medium insert. Shimmed the spacer to stop the rattle. No check engine lamp. SPM DP installed at 23K. Now at 37K.

Gino

Ready to race!
RAI spacer with medium insert. Shimmed the spacer to stop the rattle. No check engine lamp. SPM DP installed at 23K. Now at 37K.

Do you also have the spacer on the last o2?

Gino

Ready to race!
a spacer at medium jet on the last o2 with a 200 cell cat will generally get the job gone.

Facing the engine or away? Also, is a O2 sensor offset puller helpful for a TBE install? Thanks for your input :)

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Facing the engine or away? Also, is a O2 sensor offset puller helpful for a TBE install? Thanks for your input :)

Facing the front of the car worked for me :)

as for your other question i know you need some special tool to take off the o2 sensors but I'm not sure if that's it to be honest.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
In case anyone has purchased the new cast and catted DP from APR; I just installed it along with 2 RAI/Vibrant J-spacers with medium jets on both on sensors 2 and 3 with great success.

I had a CEL with the just the DP before i put the spacers on, which then turned off 10 miles after driving once the spacers were on. For the record, i'm APR stage 1 (CBFA) and have the j-spacers pointed forward as previous posts suggest.

Gino

Ready to race!
Going to try just the one j spacer with medium fitting on the last o2. If that fails me I will order another. Thanks for everyone's input, it really helps :)

Dirty Harry

Going to try just the one j spacer with medium fitting on the last o2. If that fails me I will order another. Thanks for everyone's input, it really helps :)

That's how mine is setup with the J pointing towards the front of the car. Also my spacer isn't threaded in all the way. Maybe half way. It's got a lock nut so you can adjust it.

mattr7793

I have a eurojet catless tbe on a cbfa, i put a 42dd spacer on the last o2 and it kept the o2 off for 200 miles at first, cleared the code and it came back 70 miles later. Do you think I can pass ny state emissions or will my sensors probably say fail?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I have a eurojet catless tbe on a cbfa, i put a 42dd spacer on the last o2 and it kept the o2 off for 200 miles at first, cleared the code and it came back 70 miles later. Do you think I can pass ny state emissions or will my sensors probably say fail?

Catless and CBFA you're going to need a second spacer for the middle o2 as well as some insert tuning to keep the code away.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
On a side note, I use a spacer w/ a mini cat in it. It seems to work w/o throwing a code :) That being said, sometimes in the winter, engine cold, it will go off once and a blue moon. Otherwise, it's been good to me.

Facing the front of the car worked for me :)

as for your other question i know you need some special tool to take off the o2 sensors but I'm not sure if that's it to be honest.

It's just a 22mm open ended wrench to take it off. You don't need that fancy socket.