GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
How my morning was almost ruined.

I plan to send the video to that company.

I had a dick in an Audi (not modded, just some yuppie) pull that on me recently. I want able to slip around him though, I was lucky enough to stop in time. So after that I get up on his ass and he's flipping me off. Are you serious dude. How I wished I had a beater that day

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I had a dick in an Audi (not modded, just some yuppie) pull that on me recently. I want able to slip around him though, I was lucky enough to stop in time. So after that I get up on his ass and he's flipping me off. Are you serious dude. How I wished I had a beater that day

Is this the guy?

Jaber

Modero

It's interesting how fast you can react and make a judgement call, in these situations.

Had my car been equipped with those automatic braking safety mumbo jumbo, it probably would of caused me to wreck in my situation. I can't see the GTI being able to come to a complete stop from around 45MPH in that distance.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's interesting how fast you can react and make a judgement call, in these situations.

Had my car been equipped with those automatic braking safety mumbo jumbo, it probably would of caused me to wreck in my situation. I can't see the GTI being able to come to a complete stop from around 45MPH in that distance.

New vehicles with the lightbulb in side mirrors scares me for whats to come in the future.

The light only goes on when someone is in your blindspot, but does not sense when someone is about to be in your blindspot. Stupid drivers somehow dont understand this and arent checking over their shoulders for vehicles coming up at a higher rate of speed.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

I don't know how, but I remember just having a gut feeling like this guy was going to do something stupid like that.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
When I did autocross school, I tried Manual mode and the car would shift into next gear on its own and sometimes I would try to go into the next gear, but the car already did it for me, so I went two gears up :lol: Sport mode solved that problem and seems to work the best. Believe a DSG tune would solve the problems in M mode.

As for registration, might be worth a shot, worse case he says no :lol:

DSG tune turns off auto upshift. Can confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
New vehicles with the lightbulb in side mirrors scares me for whats to come in the future.

The light only goes on when someone is in your blindspot, but does not sense when someone is about to be in your blindspot. Stupid drivers somehow dont understand this and arent checking over their shoulders for vehicles coming up at a higher rate of speed.

This. Nailed exactly how I feel about this new "safe" shit going on cars. The backup cams are the worst because everyone stares at the ducking screen and doesn't look around. /rant

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That's a good one.

There is a videos on the internet somewhere if two exact model mustangs racing in a straight line. One is manual, the other automatic. They are dead even for all of the races because the other guy in the manual can shift.

Jaber

Modero
This. Nailed exactly how I feel about this new "safe" shit going on cars. The backup cams are the worst because everyone stares at the ducking screen and doesn't look around. /rant

I personally don't mind the backup cams, because you can see way more than what you can normally see from the driver seat tilting your head and using the mirrors. It should be considered an aid, not a substitute.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I personally don't mind the backup cams, because you can see way more than what you can normally see from the driver seat tilting your head and using the mirrors. It should be considered an aid, not a substitute.

This. The backup camera on my truck is amazeballs. I can back out of a spot and see around all the cars next to me better than I can see past them looking out the windows. Much safer IMO.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
There is a videos on the internet somewhere if two exact model mustangs racing in a straight line. One is manual, the other automatic. They are dead even for all of the races because the other guy in the manual can shift.
^TLDR automatic mustang driver was drinking a coffee during this race

but are they watching where they are swinging the front of their car while looking at rear camera screen...thats what gets me...unless the front bumper has sensors in it and tells them they cut it too much before clearing the spot :iono:

Jaber

Modero
^TLDR automatic mustang driver was drinking a coffee during this race

but are they watching where they are swinging the front of their car while looking at rear camera screen...thats what gets me...unless the front bumper has sensors in it and tells them they cut it too much before clearing the spot :iono:

I hate sensors. I feel like that just prevents the driver from being able to learn the size of their car. Majority of us get in the car and it's like an extension of our body.

Status
Not open for further replies.