GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Word on the streets is the mk8 gti will be a hybrid. Don't know if it's true but I was reading hybrids only come in auto these days. This could be completely in accurate as the source was the mk7 forum lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Does anyone think the mk8 Golf R will get the 5 cylinder that the current TT RS and RS3 have? That is what I will be waiting for if it were to happen.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Is that the tire size 205/40/16 ???? What wheels do you have , I thought you had OEM teardrops. ??
No oem wheels here. It has a set of TSW imola wheels.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
lol, If I were to buy an older VW it would be a MK2 with a VR6 swap
Also good plan. I'm leaning towards a 1.8t swap one day.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Word on the streets is the mk8 gti will be a hybrid. Don't know if it's true but I was reading hybrids only come in auto these days. This could be completely in accurate as the source was the mk7 forum lol

im not buying that for a second. VW has the EGolf why on earth would they make the GTI a hybrid

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Noice, thought you had teardrops for some reason :iono
I do like a good set of tear drops but probably won't happen on this one. I like the imolas I will probably have them refinished eventually.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Does anyone think the mk8 Golf R will get the 5 cylinder that the current TT RS and RS3 have? That is what I will be waiting for if it were to happen.

That would be sweet , but Id say there is about as much chance of that happening as there is getting the Scirocco

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
That would be sweet , but Id say there is about as much chance of that happening as there is getting the Scirocco
Nailed it. If it happens it would be euro only....

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
im not buying that for a second. VW has the EGolf why on earth would they make the GTI a hybrid

Sad to say. All cars will be hybrids and automatic eventually in order to meet emissions and efficiency standards. They'll be automatic due to the the advanced driver assist and autopilot systems. Audi is already doing this. This is why you can't get an new S4 with a manual.

Jaber

Modero
Sad to say. All cars will be hybrids and automatic eventually in order to meet emissions and efficiency standards. They'll be automatic due to the the advanced driver assist and autopilot systems. Audi is already doing this. This is why you can't get an new S4 with a manual.

And eventually can't trackday bro (or autocross maybe?) with them, due to all the nannies/safety sniz.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
And eventually can't trackday bro (or autocross maybe?) with them, due to all the nannies/safety sniz.

Well, no... you CAN... it'll just be more like an amusement park ride than anything else.

Get in car.
Press gas.
Steer vaguely in the direction of the corners.
Press brake pedal when done.
Get out and brag about how fast you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.