GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Mah Frank, what's new dude?

Not much. Went to Houston two weeks ago to surprise my best friend at his graduation. It was pretty fun, had a bunch of good food, saw some cool cars, and visited an old Navy boat. (USS Texas)

Other than that, same old same old. Applied for a new job and even looked at a few positions out in Houston. The cost of living out there by where my buddy lives is so much cheaper compared to here... He lives about 45 mins north of Houston. Might have to move out there haha

Also, as stated previously, I'm hoping to do an HPDE event in the near future. So looking forward to getting some car stuffs. (Tires, brakes, etc... nothing special lol)

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Little project I have been working on for the last week. Tack closet for the youngest to store all her horse stuff.

Made entirely with cheap 4" and 6" pine boards and stained. Also came up with the idea to put a slide on the saddle holder. Came out pretty nice for winging it.

Jaber

Modero
Do it. You should pick up a uni connect so you can flash at home man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I might, got some cashback on a CC and some birthday money. I thought about Uniconnect, but the shop I go to does it for free, since I got my initial tune there. And when I go K04, not sure if it will be Uni or someone else. APR K04 tune seems to be pretty good. Hardly hear anyone complain about it (unlike their recent Stage 1 or 2 files).

Mods are always a GO.

YEET.

^

Damn you dirty skunks :mad0259:

^

Loving the new Raceseng shift knob. Dat delrin :wub:. It looks kind of grey in the pic, bit it is black and matches the interior nicely in person.

Dat knob, looking good.

Dang, look at all that dust in the space around the the shifter base. It's not even noticeable in person, but put a flash on it and wow. I need to get on that.

Oh wow, get it together EJ!

Mah Frank, what's new dude?

^ Been a while Frank....

Not much. Went to Houston two weeks ago to surprise my best friend at his graduation. It was pretty fun, had a bunch of good food, saw some cool cars, and visited an old Navy boat. (USS Texas)

Other than that, same old same old. Applied for a new job and even looked at a few positions out in Houston. The cost of living out there by where my buddy lives is so much cheaper compared to here... He lives about 45 mins north of Houston. Might have to move out there haha

Also, as stated previously, I'm hoping to do an HPDE event in the near future. So looking forward to getting some car stuffs. (Tires, brakes, etc... nothing special lol)

Oh wow, dat TX. Good luck in your job hunt brah.

Little project I have been working on for the last week. Tack closet for the youngest to store all her horse stuff.

Made entirely with cheap 4" and 6" pine boards and stained. Also came up with the idea to put a slide on the saddle holder. Came out pretty nice for winging it.

Oh wow.. Roy the builder :clap:

New tires getting put on today. Gonna be a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, what kind of rubber?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
ChiChat16: #Prayers4EJ #ImWithAC #CoolTheSwamp

Wow yeah, good luck with emissions. Glad we don't have that here lol. I'm getting the Falken Azenis RT615K. My first ever summer performance tires.

Jaber

Modero
Wow yeah, good luck with emissions. Glad we don't have that here lol. I'm getting the Falken Azenis RT615K. My first ever summer performance tires.

Thanks. Big thumbs up to Dubya for letting me borrow his 42DD 02 spacer :thumbsup: At least I got to clean out the passenger side underbody panel. Thing was filled with debris.

Nice tires, I had those on my old car, only not the K version, just the RT615. Loved those tires for DD/spirited driving.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks. Big thumbs up to Dubya for letting me borrow his 42DD 02 spacer :thumbsup: At least I got to clean out the passenger side underbody panel. Thing was filled with debris.

Nice tires, I had those on my old car, only not the K version, just the RT615. Loved those tires for DD/spirited driving.

Gotcha. There was a focus ST at the autox I was at Sunday, and he was running those, he had no complaints and I haven't found a bad review. Needed something quick before Gingerman this weekend because the stocks ones are dead lol. Think I got something good, just happy to have some good tires finally. Rode the free tire train as long as I could

Jaber

Modero
Gotcha. There was a focus ST at the autox I was at Sunday, and he was running those, he had no complaints and I haven't found a bad review. Needed something quick before Gingerman this weekend because the stocks ones are dead lol. Think I got something good, just happy to have some good tires finally. Rode the free tire train as long as I could

Yeah, I want something stickier next time. Right now have the Sumitomo HTR Z III and they're OK for DD and spirited driving. But honestly suck when you're really trying to push it. Way better than all-season tires doe. Guess another positive, they won't wear out as fast :laugh:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I want something stickier next time. Right now have the Sumitomo HTR Z III and they're OK for DD and spirited driving. But honestly suck when you're really trying to push it. Way better than all-season tires doe. Guess another positive, they won't wear out as fast :laugh:

I would've gotten the firestone Indy 500, but they are sold out indefinitely everywhere lol. Not wearing out fast is awesome, I'm really surprised how long these yokohama's have lasted given 3 track days, 8+ autox's and lots of spirited driving.

Jaber

Modero
I would've gotten the firestone Indy 500, but they are sold out indefinitely everywhere lol. Not wearing out fast is awesome, I'm really surprised how long these yokohama's have lasted given 3 track days, 8+ autox's and lots of spirited driving.

My OEM tires lasted about 20k miles. Was perfect timing too, cause when I took them off for the winter tires, one tire had a nail. :laugh:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Dang, I wanna put my Vette on the track. I got a set of stock wheels for a killer price, w/tires. Probably going to get a dedicated set of track tires to put on the stock wheels.

Been watching videos all day of Road America, Homestead SpeedWay, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen, etc.... The itch is real.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
yes yes yes. lets meet in the middle at NCM and do an event later this season???? :iono:

And when I go K04,
:eek: :drool: :clap: :D :thumbsup: :wub:

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I wish my damn truck tires would wear out already. 22K and they still have too much tread to justify swapping. Hopefully after towing this weekend it eats them up more.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion

That is a nice Tack closet and the saddle holder is pretty slick.

The wife's OEM Touareg Tires are almost worn out. I am going to be trying to find some Nokian All Seasons for her this fall. The winters I put in the merc are truly outstanding and superior to blizzak hands down just like the reviews say. I have read their AS are very capable as well.

Jaber

Modero
That is a nice Tack closet and the saddle holder is pretty slick.

The wife's OEM Touareg Tires are almost worn out. I am going to be trying to find some Nokian All Seasons for her this fall. The winters I put in the merc are truly outstanding and superior to blizzak hands down just like the reviews say. I have read their AS are very capable as well.

What winter tires are on the merc?

Status
Not open for further replies.