GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
What's the difference if I do or not :rolleyes: That car isn't really my priority right now. It's OK for what it is for now.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
those are lowwwwwwwwwww

^ I felt the same about the 034 mounts after a short while. Still loving the bfi stage 2 mounts.

oh wow

For real? Online it says like an inch drop. My super sports are a 2.something drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Looking at Neuspeeed race springs to hopefully reduce the rubbing of my tires. Still have a high spring rate, but not as much of a drop. Any other thoughts before I pull the trigger when I have money again? Lol

I cant speak for the MK6 springs, but I had Neuspeed springs on my MK4 and they were a very harsh ride. Hated them

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I cant speak for the MK6 springs, but I had Neuspeed springs on my MK4 and they were a very harsh ride. Hated them

Gotcha. Not too worried about harsh ride, mine already rides pretty rough lol

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of mounts, after breaking in these 034 SD mounts, the NVH is barely noticeable (to me). Kind of wish I would of gone with something a bit more stiff, like BFI Stage 1. Oh well, car feels awesome right now doe.
I looked for a while when I wanted mounts. I was worried that I would not be happy, but I ended up with the bsh mounts since I could pick them up locally, same day, at USP Motosports. No regrets. When I first sat in the car, it was a little intense....but after a few miles of driving it was one of the best mods. The engine sound changed, traction was much better, and the whole car felt tighter. (Shifting, stopping, starting, turning, etc...)

The BSH mounts are pretty stiff, but I would do them again in a heartbeat. Honestly my favorite mods were my Dieselgeek, the BSH mounts, and my Sachs clutch. Those mods made that car feel so great. A stock car with those mods would be a blast, i would probably even do that before a stage 1 tune. Can't wait to do the same mods to the Vette.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
I looked for a while when I wanted mounts. I was worried that I would not be happy, but I ended up with the bsh mounts since I could pick them up locally, same day, at USP Motosports. No regrets. When I first sat in the car, it was a little intense....but after a few miles of driving it was one of the best mods. The engine sound changed, traction was much better, and the whole car felt tighter. (Shifting, stopping, starting, turning, etc...)

The BSH mounts are pretty stiff, but I would do them again in a heartbeat. Honestly my favorite mods were my Dieselgeek, the BSH mounts, and my Sachs clutch. Those mods made that car feel so great. A stock car with those mods would be a blast, i would probably even do that before a stage 1 tune. Can't wait to do the same mods to the Vette.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Funny thing about NVH, initially you're like OMFG WHAT IS THIS. Then you start to get used to it and it's no big deal. APR Pendulum and 034 insert, had more NVH with stock engine/trans mount. Once 034 went on, it smoothed things out for traffic. Only time I sense vibrations is when AC is on and idling in traffic. Which even then, is not terrible.

Jaber

Modero
That $30 dogbone poly mount worth it for DSG?

Few more bucks and you can get 034 one. But if you track/drive aggressive, worth it to upgrade the pendulum. Wheel hop will eventually destroy the factory one. Granted, it's kind of rare, but not worth the risk IMO. Comparing what a upgraded pendulum costs (couple hundred) versus repair of a broken one ($2k~).

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Few more bucks and you can get 034 one. But if you track/drive aggressive, worth it to upgrade the pendulum. Wheel hop will eventually destroy the factory one. Granted, it's kind of rare, but not worth the risk IMO. Comparing what a upgraded pendulum costs (couple hundred) versus repair of a broken one ($2k~).

Gotcha. Do like 3+ track days, many autox's and aggressive driving for sure haha. Saw on BFI you can order a new OEM pendulum for like $50 no joke lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.