GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I hate that the “daily” races update only once a week tbh

Agreed^

Theyll be updates and changes to the game play as time goes on. Fingers crossed a bunch of DLC comes out they are hinting at hundreds of cars/tracks etc.

Fastest way to level up is to do track experience section in campaign mode. If you gold all the sections and final lap at track you get a gift car and decal.

The driving mechanics are spot on imo, its not a game thats intended to sit down and drive it like an arcade game. Can confirm you can get airborne at the ring...thanks 700+ hp lightweight porsche.

Lao278

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol the only people I see going from road racing to drag racing are the people buying high HP cars thinking they're fast but end up getting passed by miatas constantly and their ego's get hurt. Maybe it doesn't apply to everyone but from what I've seen that's 99% of the case

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Im gonna say it. Drag racing is boring and takes little to no skill.

Driving around a track doe, now that takes knowledge about your car and understanding of racing lines etc. Jayballz is like 20 track days deep iirc....

id encourage more of you to track your cars at least once to see the potential of them. Gtis and R'a alike were not made for drag racing.

This. End of discussion. Inb4butthurtdragracingtalk inb4everyonecandowhateverthehelltheywanttoandcanttakeajoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Lol the only people I see going from road racing to drag racing are the people buying high HP cars thinking they're fast but end up getting passed by miatas constantly and their ego's get hurt. Maybe it doesn't apply to everyone but from what I've seen that's 99% of the case

Lol Jay can attest to this. No one likes to or let's a GTI get a pass on track IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Drag racing AWD launch controlled dual clutch automatics is easy. Pro mods and top fuel shit is no joke. Takes some talent.
agreed.

for me though, drag racing is still less about skill and more about money.

to be fast at the strip, you just have to pay money to make your car fast.

to be fast at the track, you have to be a fast driver.

agreed though yeah, the really high hp cars at the strip take skill to drive for sure. most of us will never see that level though.

Lol Jay can attest to this. No one likes to or let's a GTI get a pass on track IIRC.

i also can confirm this to be true.

10/10 i give props to any miata that passes me. or any car with a hp disadvantage ...i love it.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Most people that I see that go to road racing from drag racing are upset because their cars can't crack the 14 second mark.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
^ so awesome you got to go there. id definitely stay onsite at the hotel there if i went .

They actually have the tourist paddock in assetto corsa, youll have to drive it and let me know if it looks like the real thing.

Renault ftw .

Top 3 most shocking/interesting things you experienced while at the ring? and go

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
^ so awesome you got to go there. id definitely stay onsite at the hotel there if i went .

They actually have the tourist paddock in assetto corsa, youll have to drive it and let me know if it looks like the real thing.

Renault ftw .

Top 3 most shocking/interesting things you experienced while at the ring? and go

The amount of elevation. The variety of cars on track. Saw every thing from exotics, to bikes, to trade vans lol. I got to drive the GP track too. They rarely open it to the public.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So nobody wants a free stock air box and cat back for a mk6 Gti? It’s going out on the street for the dumpster divers if nobody claims them.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Are you for hire? We are hiring motivated people.

I'm always open to new opportunities that are interesting, if the pay is right... though from my career perspective, mainly only interested in VP+. What do you have?

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
agreed.

for me though, drag racing is still less about skill and more about money.

to be fast at the strip, you just have to pay money to make your car fast.

to be fast at the track, you have to be a fast driver.

agreed though yeah, the really high hp cars at the strip take skill to drive for sure. most of us will never see that level though.

i also can confirm this to be true.

10/10 i give props to any miata that passes me. or any car with a hp disadvantage ...i love it.

Drag racing a 13 second car really doesn't take much skill. Even less if it's AWD. I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Higher HP cars it takes quite a bit of skill to nail your best time. The skill comes from picking the components that work best to compliment each other. Choosing the right size tire and pressures to optimize traction, but not too much that it takes away potential as well. You have to setup the suspension to get the most launching ability, but not so much that you have wasted energy into the suspension. Then the actual launch techniques. Manual or auto. What RPMs do you launch at? Do you build boost if turbo and if so how much? Do you launch off idle or build RPMs a little? Then once you actually launch, if you have a lot of power, you might have to pedal the car past the 300 foot mark to avoid blowing the tires off.

Just throwing parts at a car doesn't mean you are going to be running fast times....in any motorsport.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I'm always open to new opportunities that are interesting, if the pay is right... though from my career perspective, mainly only interested in VP+. What do you have?

Looking for someone to project manage/construction management. Pay isn't that great and the hours suck :thumbup:

Also looking for a "lady up front" for phones and accounting stuff. Right now I am doing it all and it's burning me out.

Wouldn't mind a second estimator either. Trying to find qualified help is extremely difficult when everyone is busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.