GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Hey hey I'm trying to stay under budget here. Just thinking about it. You can't blame me for searching all options.
Sanderzzz try and drive one.

Trust me, it's not bad at all. It's really not terribly short and the notchiness is not that serious. Yeah, it's not a stock shifter, but that's the point.

I absolutely loved mine. The last few days I had my car I would drive it occasionally and I miss the shifter and clutch setup so much. That DieselGeek was the best thing I ever added to that car, it made the driving experience so much more fun. The shifts are sooooo crisp. Look around the forums, DieselGeek is the way to go.

S3 is cheaper and OEM, but I can bet you'd be left wanting more after the install. It's just a stock GolfR shifter, I wouldn't spend money on it. All personal preference doe.

Definitely try and get yourself a weighted knob too, it will make a nice difference.
Got my buddy's BFI last weekend for $60. Need to get a new coin as his is pretty beat up but I love the heavier knob. Can't believe it wasn't my first mod.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The serrons which were 7.5 wide had an offset of 52

Yup, you won't find any aftermarket wheels that are wider than stock with a 52 ET.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I can and will!

I can get

Calipers $300 shipped
Brackets $103 shipped
Fresh Paint $80 out the door from a friend
SS lines $Free (already have them)
Banjo bolts $18
Pads $60

That's under $500 out the door.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh wow new thread and we're on page 4 already? Things are moving!

I'm not going to complain about the weather. It's a little psycho BUT it hell it's still early March and we've had WEEKS of 60s already this year.

Technically we SHOULD still be under a ton of snow and freezing our asses off. If we get a few inches on Monday, so be it.

If Globull Warming really is a thing, and this is a result, it makes it a little more tolerable to stick around this town a few more years.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
iRacing 12H of Sebring this weekend. Almost got pulled into driving to Ohio after that to pick up some 240 carcass. Then real 12H of Sebring next weekend. Wondering if I should make impromptu plans to go to FL for the day or couch surf it. Sebring kind of a dump but it would be a nice break.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I can get

Calipers $300 shipped
Brackets $103 shipped
Fresh Paint $80 out the door from a friend
SS lines $Free (already have them)
Banjo bolts $18
Pads $60

That's under $500 out the door.

Should just buy Jays BBK tbh. Will look nicer too

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Don't think I could justify cost of the DG SS. The Spulen adjustable SS seems like the best deal right now.

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Drivetrain/Shifter/SPULEN-Quick-Change-Short-Shifter-6spd.html

I haven't heard of anyone using that one, but then again I don't really travel outside of this thread anymore. That looks just like the VF engineering one. I think people didn't really like those adjustable ones, always seemed to get poor reviews.

Try it out, for $70 I guess you wouldn't be losing much.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Why not get wheels that are 5x112?

People use wobble bolts all the time for the conversion you're talking about. Very rarely do people use adapters for that. Also, depends on the offset and width of the wheels you're looking at...you might not even be able to use adapters.

Because I'm looking to get wheels that fit this car and my next one. Want lighter wheels, but don't want to buy the same set of wheels twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.