GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I could of used that press yesterday. Had to "press" the 3 lug nuts into the steel plate to mount the spare. I used the hammer method and it worked pretty good. $180 for a press that might get used once every 5 years? Must be nice to have disposable income!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I could of used that press yesterday. Had to "press" the 3 lug nuts into the steel plate to mount the spare. I used the hammer method and it worked pretty good. $180 for a press that might get used once every 5 years? Must be nice to have disposable income!

I have 14 bushings to press for the rear end. A local shop said it would be $25 per bushing. The press cost me $99 on sale, was an easy choice.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I can't believe how bad the craftsmen shit is nowadays. That was always the brand of choice for my dad and whatnot. He swears by them, definitely not what they used to be.

This. It's crazy. Milwaukee seems to be the new one to go to.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I can't believe how bad the craftsmen shit is nowadays. That was always the brand of choice for my dad and whatnot. He swears by them, definitely not what they used to be.
^
This

i have some wrenches and what not from them, wont be buying in the future unfortunately...needless to say its not that big of a deal since most sears are vanishing anyways.

This. It's crazy. Milwaukee seems to be the new one to go to.
i like their cordless fuel line yes its pretty awesome
I don't think I have a go to brand anymore.

This^

Depends on what the tool is for. If its something "stationary" like a hammer ill usually opt for something cheap like husky. But if it was something like a good ratchet id probably pay for a quality one now...have too many broken crappy ones.

Broke 2 cheap triple squares on my car, jay bought a quality set and made quick work of them.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Same here, I have always trusted Craftsman growing up thanks to my dad and his dad buying nothing but them. Now I dont know who to trust.. I bought a new craftsman 3/8 drive wrench and the inner gears are already stripped. My dads older one from like 70's is still brand new.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Same here, I have always trusted Craftsman growing up thanks to my dad and his dad buying nothing but them. Now I dont know who to trust.. I bought a new craftsman 3/8 drive wrench and the inner gears are already stripped. My dads older one from like 70's is still brand new.

I just tossed all my craftsmen ratchets. Surprisingly a stanley 3/8 that I've had for years has been pretty good. It's not a super fancy fine tooth though.

I did just spend a little bit and picked this up the other week. Have used it a few times now and think it's worth every penny.
https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/BFR158LFG/3-8-15-88TH-LF-RATCHET-GREEN/

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I have 14 bushings to press for the rear end. A local shop said it would be $25 per bushing. The press cost me $99 on sale, was an easy choice.

^^^ this

Easy on the "must be nice" comments there Mr. Just Bought a Stupid Jeep. ;)

Mine is broken can confirm.

But they give you lifetime warranty replacement :bellyroll:

Not on torque wrenches!

Yeah they've really gone downhill the last several years. Sockets I've owned for 15+ years are still good. Lost a few, so I bought some replacements a year or so ago when I reorganized my toolbox.

Those new sockets? Pitted and rusting! WTF! And Sears says, "We don't replace sockets for appearance issues."

I'm gonna try the Dremel and this nut buster tool. Will pick up the nut buster on my way home.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Insert "must be nice" comment because I'm sick and tired of having a press in my living room. Gf has been a really good sport about it though. I think it annoys me more than her.

LOL

I've had my fair share of car parts in the house over the years. Wife tolerated the 944 hood in the living room for a few months several years ago.

Now I have to be careful because if I can't make stuff fit, the wife starts talking about "Lets buy a new house" and I'm not prepared to go down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.