GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure if Kurt over at Komet Motorsports (https://kometmotorsports.com/) does much Honda work, but I trusted him with my R. If you want serious Honda folks, I would go to King Motorsports (https://www.kingmotorsports.com/) in New Berlin, WI. That’s not exactly “local”, but they did all the top end work on my RSX type-s (head port and polish, rbc intake manifold port and polish, custom intake, valve train upgrade and tune). They live and breathe JDM up there.
Thank you sir! I'll refer him to them as well. He's out of Roselle. I recommended my buddies shop in Glenview that does imports. He was the only guy I let work on my gti.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Actually I think those questions I asked you was for work I was doing myself.

Cadubya79

Go Kart Champion
Operation garage insulation, commence! Not the most even distribution, but not bad for my first time spraying this crap.

Attachments

• IMG_5516.jpeg
    IMG_5516.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5517.jpeg
    IMG_5517.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5519.jpeg
    IMG_5519.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 24

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
The sporty-car 18 ways better than the 14 ways but only barely. Still don't provide much in the way of lateral grip unless they have cloth centers. So strange to me they can F up the 18-ways in the sports cars but get significant bolstering in the 18-ways in the Macan and Cayenne.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
The sporty-car 18 ways better than the 14 ways but only barely. Still don't provide much in the way of lateral grip unless they have cloth centers. So strange to me they can F up the 18-ways in the sports cars but get significant bolstering in the 18-ways in the Macan and Cayenne.
It's 4 points better.

Cadubya79

Go Kart Champion
I didn’t think it would make that much difference till I sat in a buddies car with the 18 ways. For me it was the width and the shoulder support. The 18 ways are a little bit wider. I’ve got broad shoulders, wide waist and skinny legs. I can deflate the seat back bolster for my waist and torso, then inflate the seatbase bolsters to support my thighs. Fits me perfect now. The 14 ways were still very comfortable, just a bit snug and no shoulder support.