GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

china led back up reverse bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Click the top part or search vanssi w16w led on AliExpress if that still doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
We feel it is unfair to say that this is the same item we sell just because it looks similar, we customize all of our LEDs to our specs so they work without issues with heat, melting, radio interference or errors. It would be like saying a Porsche 911 Turbo S, 911 Carrera 4 S and 911 GTS are all the same because they look similar. :(

There are tons of LEDs that look similar or alike, it doesn't mean they are the same.

Our color temperature is not 6k, it is closer to a 5000k-5500k which is not so blue but a cleaner white color temperature.

You honestly could sit here and copy and paste tons of LEDs that look similar, even ones that are sold by philips can be found on alibaba for half the price but it doesn't make them the same quality or product.

Our capacitor / resistor are also different from the listing photo.

LISTING for EURO LED TAILS:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

FOR STOCK NON-LED TAILS:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

There are plenty of examples of our LEDs that look like another brand but didn't turn out the same:

Got the reverse lights in tonight. Definitely makes me feel like people can actually see my tail lights now. The lighting from the original bulbs was pretty poor, and the red bulb on the driver side was just useless.

That's how much it was lighting up that bush before it was even dark.

2 different LED brands did not work in this Audi, we know the reason and the reason why ours worked 100% without issue:

Every LED I have replaced is working except the rear interior lights. It's the craziest thing whenever I put the light in it immediately starts burning and sparks up when turned on. It happens with both sides.

What would be causing this issue?

Update! Using their LED lights my rear interior lights works flawlessly. I don't know what caused the sparks with the otherside but what I do know is a company I can trust just won major points in my book.

I have precision LED in the rear and mine keep burning up also. Burn 4 now

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine mobile app

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
We feel it is unfair to say that this is the same item we sell just because it looks similar, we customize all of our LEDs to our specs so they work without issues with heat, melting, radio interference or errors. It would be like saying a Porsche 911 Turbo S, 911 Carrera 4 S and 911 GTS are all the same because they look similar. :(

There are tons of LEDs that look similar or alike, it doesn't mean they are the same.

Our color temperature is not 6k, it is closer to a 5000k-5500k which is not so blue but a cleaner white color temperature.

You honestly could sit here and copy and paste tons of LEDs that look similar, even ones that are sold by philips can be found on alibaba for half the price but it doesn't make them the same quality or product.

Our capacitor / resistor are also different from the listing photo.

LISTING for EURO LED TAILS:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

FOR STOCK NON-LED TAILS:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

There are plenty of examples of our LEDs that look like another brand but didn't turn out the same:

2 different LED brands did not work in this Audi, we know the reason and the reason why ours worked 100% without issue:

Trust me they’re the same item and are 5000k also, no errors or excessive heat either, I was not trying to undermine your item but simply trying to save some guys some money!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
If you’re not trying to undermine, why put DeAuto in the title of you’re post? Have you had a bad experience with them or something?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
If you’re not trying to undermine, why put DeAuto in the title of you’re post? Have you had a bad experience with them or something?

I was trying to imply that they are as good as really not better than, their prices are inflated and I thought some may like to know they are available cheaper elsewhere, if I didn’t compare them to the DeAuto ones then I would just be saying here’s some bulbs I found! Where as I’m actually saying here are the SAME zero error white bulbs for less money that perform as good as the DeAuto offering!!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Thanks, we have seen this before, people will try to ride our brand's reputation to shill another brand because the "LED looks similar." We have been selling these LEDs for years, but the 2 links posted seem to only been up for a few months. This member has been using this LED for less than a month. And these ebay members are selling random LEDs along with a hodgepodge of random China products.

Interesting, the LED listing has this warning: "NOTE! ONLY USE THESE AS REVERSE/BACKUP LIGHT" - that speaks for itself.

We have to rely on our product quality and customer feedback for a lifetime. With eBay after 3 months you cannot leave any feedback, anyone who has experience with LEDs knows that a lot can go wrong with LEDs after 3 months if they are not good quality - there is really no way to track LEDs on ebay after 3 months and many will not take the time to leave their negative experience they had with an ebay LED on a public forum:

I was trying to imply that they are as good as really not better than, their prices are inflated and I thought some may like to know they are available cheaper elsewhere, if I didn’t compare them to the DeAuto ones then I would just be saying here’s some bulbs I found! Where as I’m actually saying here are the SAME zero error white bulbs for less money that perform as good as the DeAuto offering!!

This is simply not true, many LEDs look the same but do not perform the same.

Over the years we have seen a lot of LED companies come and go and many random popup ebay/amazon shops looking to make a quick buck to never see them again. Will these sellers care what happens to your car? Maybe, maybe not. This is a message we received:

And in the link you provided they say in big bold letters: "NOTE! ONLY USE THESE AS REVERSE/BACKUP LIGHT"? Are they trying to say that you cannot have this on for longer than a few seconds while you reverse? Can you explain this warning since you are sharing their product? It could be why the only offer a 1 year warranty on these LEDs.

Honestly, you can share what you like and people can buy whatever they'd like, we have been around awhile and we have been here on the forums for 7+ years with only positive feedback, bringing LEDs that work error free and perfectly with the VW.

Last edited:

DELETE

Autocross Champion

You’re entitled to you’re own opinion bro, I’m not attacking you. I just have a good relationship with this company and I’ve been fortunate enough to have nothing but excellent experiences with them and their products. Sure there’s been a couple hiccups but such as life. You ever hear, “you get what you pay for?” I just spoke up because there’s newer guys and girls getting into the lighting portion of there modifications and I wouldn’t want to steer them wrong right off the bat. If you like eBay better because it’s cheaper nobody’s mad at you my man. It’s natural to be skeptical at purchasing something that seems the same but costs double or triple the price. You obviously haven’t ever had the opportunity to try DeAuto for yourself so I don’t think it’s fair to say these are the “SAME” when you really don’t know that. In fact I know you don’t know that because you wouldn’t be on Ebay if you bought this company’s products in the first place.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
I have no experience with these reverse lights or the eBay seller, but I did just install my full interior and license plate kit from DeAuto and absolutely love them. Their customer service was top notch too substituting a couple things for me and even including a couple spares. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Yeah you may pay a few extra dollars, but I’ve come to find in most things you usually get what you pay for, especially with anything to do with electronics. Just my .02

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You’re entitled to you’re own opinion bro, I’m not attacking you. I just have a good relationship with this company and I’ve been fortunate enough to have nothing but excellent experiences with them and their products. Sure there’s been a couple hiccups but such as life. You ever hear, “you get what you pay for?” I just spoke up because there’s newer guys and girls getting into the lighting portion of there modifications and I wouldn’t want to steer them wrong right off the bat. If you like eBay better because it’s cheaper nobody’s mad at you my man. It’s natural to be skeptical at purchasing something that seems the same but costs double or triple the price. You obviously haven’t ever had the opportunity to try DeAuto for yourself so I don’t think it’s fair to say these are the “SAME” when you really don’t know that. In fact I know you don’t know that because you wouldn’t be on Ebay if you bought this company’s products in the first place.

I have both products!

Status
Not open for further replies.