GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Failures - Revised - The Bender Loves Statistics Edition

spessx

Ready to race!
When you get your paperwork make sure you have the updated TOB!!! I dont have the part number right now but i can find it. This is a MUST!!!

How will I know if it's the updated bearing or not? I need to know before I leave the shop!

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
How will I know if it's the updated bearing or not? I need to know before I leave the shop!

This is the revised part #

Latest version part # (0A5141671F)

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Is a slipping clutch under moderate and WOT considered "failed"? I'm still driving on it daily, and it wont slip as long as I baby it.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
Is a slipping clutch under moderate and WOT considered "failed"? I'm still driving on it daily, and it wont slip as long as I baby it.

Technically once it slips it has already failed, babying it will only prolong the inevitable. Although I should reword that, once it slips at WOT without using the clutch.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!

McQueen77

Banned
donezo. 18.5k, stock, no slipping

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Bender, something should be add in this survey ;

The type of gaz used per flash brand mod; im running 91 octane with apr stage2 per exemple.

A bit less power that 93 but never got any clutch slips after 38k miles.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Anybody had any failures after they upgraded...SouthBend ex? I went stg 2 endurance silent at the same time I went K04 since i figured clutch failure was a given. Maybe somebody running stg 2 daily on a stg 3 turbo or greater? Oh and subbed :).

lon888

Ready to race!
Good luck with your survey - I hope you can get some conclusive data.