GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Protune/dyno tune recommendations

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Only went to AU once for a DSG fluid change (super fast and very competitive pricing), but they seemed pretty knowledgeable and helpful. They do COBB protunes on their dyno and stock COBB stuff for VW / Audi too.

I was thinking getting my COBB AP v3 from them, and Dave did promise to fine tune some of the Stage 1/1+ OTS tune's quirks for free if I was to purchase the device from them, but to be honest last few days I am more tempted to buy it through Stratified:
Their 91 pump gas S-Tyne numbers look better than the OTS COBB (Maybe what AU / Dave offers as "finetuning" is closer to the S-Tune than the bare OTS map) but I would also like to try the E30 S-Tune...

AU Tuning will still be my preferred location for things I cannot just bolt-on myself or do remotely tho.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like AU Tuning is the way to go.

Once I do my before and after dynos, I'll post a thread about it. I know I'm late to the MK6 party but you never can have too much info.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
The before dyno is scheduled for 4/22 first thing in the morning. Will anyone else be going on that day? I wouldn't mind meeting some of you local guys.

They said I'll have an hour of dyno time so just for the hell of it, I plan on having them dyno the stock Cobb map, Stage 1, and Stage 1 high boost. I was thinking about un-marrying the Accessport to get an actual stock run but didn't want to waste time doing the initial install of the Accessport again.

I should have all my parts around that time as well. It will probably take a week for me to install them all and then I'll do my after dyno with the Protune. I know I can have AU Tuning do the installs and get the dyno results the same day but I like doing my own work and getting to know the car. Plus that will give the ECU time to complete its adaptation.

I'll post up a new topic in the main forum once I have my initial results.

Thanks everyone for helping me find a reputable shop!

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
The before dyno is scheduled for 4/22 first thing in the morning. Will anyone else be going on that day? I wouldn't mind meeting some of you local guys.

They said I'll have an hour of dyno time so just for the hell of it, I plan on having them dyno the stock Cobb map, Stage 1, and Stage 1 high boost. I was thinking about un-marrying the Accessport to get an actual stock run but didn't want to waste time doing the initial install of the Accessport again.

I should have all my parts around that time as well. It will probably take a week for me to install them all and then I'll do my after dyno with the Protune. I know I can have AU Tuning do the installs and get the dyno results the same day but I like doing my own work and getting to know the car. Plus that will give the ECU time to complete its adaptation.

I'll post up a new topic in the main forum once I have my initial results.

Thanks everyone for helping me find a reputable shop!

Any updates with the dyno?

Cobb Stage 1 w/ Stratified flash tune || Beluga Racing Catback || Nuespeed p-flo intake || GFB DV+ || Newsouth Performance boost gauge || R8 coil pack || Koni Sport w/ H&R springs || Weather tech window visors || 5% tint in the back 15% in the front ||