GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I know Stratified is pretty big in the Ford ST world. Obviously that's not helpful for us though.

Yes it seems like all the tuners getting into the vw pro tune scene were primarily tuning STs or mazdaspeeds before the AP was released to us. Some were also doing subarus but mostly the ST/mazdaspeed

havocsrt

Ready to race!
I am currently trying to decide on which pro tuner to go for and I have gathered the following current info on all of the tuners I have seen mentioned on the forums here. Please feel free to add any extra info or corrections

Prices are for full e tune unless specified otherwise

Stratified - $250 (currently 20% at $200) touch up tune will be $100

Freektune - $200 (currently $150) touch up tune will be 75

Twisted Tuning - $250 free touch ups for 12 months

MAF calibrations $45

Could not see a touch up tune price for after the 12 months free touch ups

JST Performance - $225 for lifetime tune. $75 for a JST ots tune and $50 touch up tunes (not sure what the touch up $50 is for if the lifetime tune is $225)

I have read great things about all the tuners above and I am struggling to find ways to compare them other than pricing. Any input or experience would be greatly appreciated.
I have been working with Alex, with Stratified. I purchased their F23t/protune package. I can tell you, Alex is a great guy to work with and is super knowledgeable. I have yet to go through the tuning process, still waiting on my F23t to come in. Hooe this helps a bit.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
I'm seeing similar issues. I've got an Injen intake, so I never know quite what to expect with it's non-standard MAF sensor housing. On v1.02 I was running Stage 1+ with LTFTs around 0.93 at the worst and seeing what sounds like pretty typical -3 timing pull.

On the 1.03 files I tried tonight it's significantly worse. Stage 1+ LTFTs were getting down to around 0.83 but I rarely saw any timing getting pulled.

Stage 1 high boost LTFTs were better at 1.10 at the worst, but timing was pulling a lot more. Saw as much as -5.25.

Can't decide which situation is better. I don't really understand the direction Cobb is going with their OTS files right now, but maybe it's just because I don't have their intake?

Stage 2, 93 oct

The -1.50 knock was at cold start and v1.03 was installed last night, so that could be due to the ECU not being ajusted yet. Anyway, this is my results on my way to work this morning. Seems to pull harder.

-Knock used to get to -3.5 on pulks and now stays at 0.00.

- peak boost seems to be up 1.5-2.0 psi

- trq actual is up to 280, with the A/C on and used to be mid 270

anyone having fuel trim issues or any issue, feel free to post a logvia Datazap or email me. i'll take a look for you. Hard to help you guys without seeing logs and etc. Seems everyone is liking the new v1.03 updates for the most part so thats great.

I am currently trying to decide on which pro tuner to go for and I have gathered the following current info on all of the tuners I have seen mentioned on the forums here. Please feel free to add any extra info or corrections

Prices are for full e tune unless specified otherwise

Stratified - $250 (currently 20% at $200) touch up tune will be $100

Freektune - $200 (currently $150) touch up tune will be 75

Twisted Tuning - $250 free touch ups for 12 months

MAF calibrations $45

Could not see a touch up tune price for after the 12 months free touch ups

JST Performance - $225 for lifetime tune. $75 for a JST ots tune and $50 touch up tunes (not sure what the touch up $50 is for if the lifetime tune is $225)

I have read great things about all the tuners above and I am struggling to find ways to compare them other than pricing. Any input or experience would be greatly appreciated.

if outside the12 months the fee is simply $50 for another 12 months of support and free updates under my tunes. Depending on the case, i have actually waived the fee. I work with customers as much as possible.

There are several people on here running my tunes. (custom e-tunes specifically). A few of them have posted here. One of the members made a review thread.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104901

I'm here to help whenever i can. Even if im not used for my custom e-tune services. im still here to help out the community. So dont hesitate to drop me a line. I've spoken to many of you offline thus far for a number of things. Thanks.

gonzo511

Ready to race!
I have both, my question to you is, if you haven't already explained why, why do you need the p3 when u have the AP? The p3 looks better and monitors about an eighth of the parameters the AP does. Just leave the p3 in for daily activities and when logging or readiness checks/tuning go with the AP. [emoji1360]

I haven't said why I need both. Answer is I don't, I just wanted to know if it could be connected with a splitter without a problem. I'll probably have all the cables set up and tucked away with a splitter so I don't need to unplug things when I need to use it.

I wouldn't leave the AP in daily since I don't need all that extra info daily. P3 does look great. I love it. [emoji7] now to figure out where to mount the AP. [emoji1417]

Sent from my [emoji337] using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Im gonna answer this specifically because i had the same question.

The lifetime tune covers the turbo your running. So you would pay the $50 "touch up" if they had to tune for a new sized turbo like going k04 or big turbo.

The life time tune with no charge would be like going... Stage 1 then Stage 2 Then stage 2 with WMI or Stage 1 with WMI etc... But not changing turbo sizes as that causes a lot more work to be done. As in tuning for new mods you're adding to your existing car...

So lets say you buy the lifetime tune with a completly stock car.. Then when you get a intake you can have them adjust it for free.... Then if you added a intercooler, top and tbp... you could have them re adjust it for you. Or if you moved to a new area and 93 octane is no longer available they could detune it for 91 octane ETC.

But if you buy the lifetime tune while stock or something then decide you wanna drop a GT30 in it youll have to pay the touch up for them to completely rework it.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Im gonna answer this specifically because i had the same question.

The lifetime tune covers the turbo your running. So you would pay the $50 "touch up" if they had to tune for a new sized turbo like going k04 or big turbo.

The life time tune with no charge would be like going... Stage 1 then Stage 2 Then stage 2 with WMI or Stage 1 with WMI etc... But not changing turbo sizes as that causes a lot more work to be done. As in tuning for new mods you're adding to your existing car...

So lets say you buy the lifetime tune with a completly stock car.. Then when you get a intake you can have them adjust it for free.... Then if you added a intercooler, top and tbp... you could have them re adjust it for you. Or if you moved to a new area and 93 octane is no longer available they could detune it for 91 octane ETC.

But if you buy the lifetime tune while stock or something then decide you wanna drop a GT30 in it youll have to pay the touch up for them to completely rework it.

That all sounds extremely reasonable

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
We are definitely committed to the community and adding value through our tuning services and products. So much so that even before the AP was released we purchased an MK6 development car, are keeping up with all the COBB developments, as well as refining our tuning on a daily basis. This seat time is extremely important in making sure what we send out tuning wise delivers excellent driveability.

An F23T has arrived for the car (already bolted) and it will be going on in a few days.

Don't be shy to drop me a line or ask questions via the website or phone. Our expertise is tuning and fueling DI engines and the EA888 falls directly in line with this.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I haven't said why I need both. Answer is I don't, I just wanted to know if it could be connected with a splitter without a problem. I'll probably have all the cables set up and tucked away with a splitter so I don't need to unplug things when I need to use it.

I wouldn't leave the AP in daily since I don't need all that extra info daily. P3 does look great. I love it. [emoji7] now to figure out where to mount the AP. [emoji1417]

I got ya bro, I had the p3 for a while and the install was enough reason for me to keep it in. The AP is a must and definitely worth the coin but you don't want to have it out all the time. Especially every time you leave the car you gotta unmount and hide it lol. Big job.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Running the v103 now, longer shift points, smoother throttle for sure. So far I likey! Especially the part that says the limiter is gone and max speed is 203mph!

*Running ECS LuftTechnik Intake with stock MAF housing.

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I have been working with Alex, with Stratified. I purchased their F23t/protune package. I can tell you, Alex is a great guy to work with and is super knowledgeable. I have yet to go through the tuning process, still waiting on my F23t to come in. Hooe this helps a bit.

Went with Stratified too.. Looking forward to starting the process, just waiting for the F23T to come off back order.. The wait is killin' me, but I know it'll be worth it.. At least it gives me time to get everything together for the install.. Did a DIY RSR clutch too...

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Went with Stratified too.. Looking forward to starting the process, just waiting for the F23T to come off back order.. The wait is killin' me, but I know it'll be worth it.. At least it gives me time to get everything together for the install.. Did a DIY RSR clutch too...
Sweet, sound like you are where im at. Hope mine ships this week, im pretty excited. Like you said, just gives me time to get everything installed. Installed my RSR clutch, throttle pipe and meth kit already....she is ready for more power now.

gonzo511

Ready to race!
I got ya bro, I had the p3 for a while and the install was enough reason for me to keep it in. The AP is a must and definitely worth the coin but you don't want to have it out all the time. Especially every time you leave the car you gotta unmount and hide it lol. Big job.

Dude thanks for the input. I wouldn't want to have it in there 24/7 due to someone flat out stealing it. I drive to work in some sketchy areas and they might steal it because it looks shiny and new lol.

Running the v103 now, longer shift points, smoother throttle for sure. So far I likey! Especially the pet that says the limiter is gone and max speed is 203mph!

*Running ECS LuftTechnik Intake with stock MAF housing.

You might have said this but what file? Stage 1 or 2 high boost or normal? I have. Uni intake so obviously i have the stock maf issue.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Dude thanks for the input. I wouldn't want to have it in there 24/7 due to someone flat out stealing it. I drive to work in some sketchy areas and they might steal it because it looks shiny and new lol.

You might have said this but what file? Stage 1 or 2 high boost or normal? I have. Uni intake so obviously i have the stock maf issue.

Stage 2 93 v103 they fine tuned a few things and it definitely feels smoother, idk about any other intakes.

gonzo511

Ready to race!
Stage 2 93 v103 they fine tuned a few things and it definitely feels smoother, idk about any other intakes.

Alright good to know. I can't imagine one intake to the next is different if you have an OTS map unless you get a protune.

I feel like everyone who got an AP is a guinea pig for these OTS maps. Guess protune is the only way to go for the best possible map. [emoji33] can't wait to spend more money on this car.