GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Turbo back exhaust for mk6

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Yes I agree 1200 is a good price point compared to other brands. For those that have the non-resonated version of the turbo-back, is there any drone? It looks like on Cobb site the resonated version is 1400 and on ECS tuning looks like the non resonated version is 1200.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Also do you think the cobb would be a good upgrade in sound volume compared to the eurojet TBE I currently have? The eurojet is definitely on the quieter side but I do like that there is no drone. I guess I'm looking for an exhaust that will get some attention when you get on it but does not drone while cruising.

JS12

Ready to race!
Yes I agree 1200 is a good price point compared to other brands. For those that have the non-resonated version of the turbo-back, is there any drone? It looks like on Cobb site the resonated version is 1400 and on ECS tuning looks like the non resonated version is 1200.

I wasn't aware that they had a resonated version and would be interested to compare them but $400 for that section is a fairly expensive experiment. I don't notice any drone while cruising with the non-resonated TBE but there can be a bit of it with normal acceleration in higher gears such as accelerating from 65-75 mph in 6th.

I picked up the TBE for $1100 shipped through a dealer where I purchased an eTune. It was drop shipped and was packaged and boxed by COBB. I don't know the pricing rules so if anyone wants to know which dealer, feel free to PM me.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
$1,200 shipped for a TBE is one of the cheapest offerings for the MK6. CTS is about $100 cheaper on sale right now, otherwise you're looking at $1600+ (ECS, 42DD, Miltek, Billy Boat, Corsa, VWR, etc)

Buy it right from Cobb honestly. If you buy the DP/CBE together you get it at a discounted price and it's free shipping with UPS ground. They did a good job of packaging it too.

You can buy 42DD turbo back for 1065.00.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Not for stainless.

I just had my Cobb TBE installed a couple weeks ago, I love it.

Dont buy stainless then? its just a pipe that air goes through.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Ordered the cobb turbo-back from ECS over the weekend and it arrived in the mail today. I am very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. The welds look amazing. I highly doubt any of the other more expensive exhaust systems are built better. It cost me 1200 and some change with shipping and even though the pictures on ECS show the non-resonated version, they ended up giving me the resonated downpipe. I also noticed that on ECS the price has now increased to $1395 which I believe is the same as ordering from Cobb directly. Will be installing after the the snow is gone and hopefully will try to do a video.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Installed my cobb TBE yesterday and everything went smoothly. Hardest part is tightening the top 2 bolts where the downpipe attaches to the turbo. Took it out for a test drive and it sounds great. Definitely louder and more aggressive sounding at WOT than my previous exhaust (Eurojet), and still no drone on the highway. My only complaint is that the passenger side tailpipe sticks out farther than the driver side. I don't think this can really be adjusted due to the flange style connections of the pipes instead of clamps, but it's not that noticeable. build quality is really nice as well. Glad I made the switch.

Matt2882

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking into the cobb Turboback, does anyone have updated impressions? How is it for a DD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
I dd my car and havent had any issues so far. It has a nice exhaust note when accelerating but its not over the top and there is no drone while cruising

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk