GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Code P025C after replacing transmission mount...?

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
I just replaced the factory transmission mount the other day and then went back yesterday to replace the bolts with new OEM stretch bolts. I start the car and have a check engine light, code P025C. I checked and it says "Type - Powertrain - Fuel and Air Metering - ISO/SAE Controlled" and "Description - Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Low". How the heck could I have done something to the fuel pump? I did, of course, have to remove part of the intake box and the battery to change out the transmission bolts. Anyone have any experience with this? I cleared it moments ago and will see what happens on my drive back to my office.

The car is stock, aside from an AFE drop-in panel air filter and "red-top" Audi R8 coil packs. The car has only 3,200 miles on it.

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Something about your fuel pump? In the future, diagnose the problem via autozone or vag-com before you turn off the code. If it hasn't been read, nobody can help you out.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
It said the code means "Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Low" . Just trying to get this posted up quickly on my phone on lunch break. I checked the code with my "Torque" app on my phone, then cleared it. I just updated the first post with complete info.

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
It said the code means "Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Low" . Just trying to get this posted up quickly on my phone on lunch break. I checked the code with my "Torque" app on my phone, then cleared it. I just updated the first post with complete info.

Mods?

And do you have a breather filter on your aftermarket intake if you are CBFA? Also do you have stage II piping on your intake?

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion

None, accept a drop-in AFE panel air filter that has been in there for 1500 miles.

I also checked over the stock intake area while I was at lunch and thought I might have heard a "click" sound from the little secondary air pump tube area on the stock box while I was pushing on it again to make sure it was seated correctly. The tube/part did not seem to move at all though, so I might have just imagined it made the "click" noise, as I definately remember it clicking in yesterday when I put the stock box back in after the OEM bolt install. I checked all the connections and screws on the air box as well.

Upon starting the car back up and driving back to my office after clearing the code, no further code at this time. I also logged my short drive back over to my office with the "Torque" app.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
CBFA...

Lou Maiuri

Banned
You probably want to get a breather filter to go with your drop in intake there. That should clear up your issue.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
you need a full vagcom scan.

Love to, but I don't have vagcom or any real free time to get to the dealership. There were no issues prior to removing part of the stock air box and removing the battery to change out the OEM transmission bolts. Even though the code has been cleared, the dealership should still be able to review data from the situation saved on the ECU, correct?

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
interesting, wonder if SPM or BSH can lend any knowledge as to what this might be happening.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!