GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers

jmg vwgti mk6

I am looking for a set of coilovers for my mk6 gti. I was looking for some feedback to what other people have purchased and some pics of how low they go!! Of course any customer feedback from the products they are using.

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
I am running H&R's "Ultra Low" coilover setup on my MK6 and I freakin' love them!!!!
They do exactly what they are named for without any problems lowering the car well over 4 inches.
With coils installed and dialed all the way up, my GTI sits 1.6 inches lower than it did
with stock suspension components! As far as ride comfort goes, to me it's quite amazing. I feel like it's vastly
improved over stock, solid but still soft when it comes to "imperfections" in the roadway!:lol:
To me it's the best system I've owned! While handing is greatly improved this setup is not something I'd
recommend for any track events. Now onto some pics, cause let's face it...esthetics decides all!
Car is currently at about 1/2 drop.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

jmg vwgti mk6

how much lower can go. Your ride is sitting right where i want mine to be. Do you think h&r performance would go that low or you need ultra-lows?? Did you roll your fenders, do you have any rubbing issues??? 18's or 19's??

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
how much lower can go. Your ride is sitting right where i want mine to be. Do you think h&r performance would go that low or you need ultra-lows?? Did you roll your fenders, do you have any rubbing issues??? 18's or 19's??

It's sitting at about 1/2 drop...oh it'll go lower! If I dial it all the way down the cat could touch the ground, but that's just insane! :lol:

As far as H&R's performance series I can't say for certain, but I would imagine they would get you to where I am drop-wise now. However, I do know that most of these coilover set-ups go lower than what the manufacturer advertises spec-wise. Call up H&R, that's what I did. Got as much info as I could before I made my purchase. There was a really nice female that was more than knowledgeable that was awesome! She sounded pretty cute too!

I have not rolled any fenders yet, but plan on doing the fronts sometime soon! I did have a couple instances of mild rub when I was running my 18'' stock wheels with 225/40/18's. Nothing that resulted in any form of damage, and the rub was from inclines and declines not being taken at an angle(my fault!). This was with 1 finger of wheel gap mind you!

Now with the 18" LM reps on with 215/35/18's I've got about 1.25 fingers worth of wheel gap and have had no instances of rub!

I love the drop with either set of wheels on it and wouldn't change a thing in retrospect! I love these coils!!!! Hope this has helped you!
:thumbsup:

Kellen

Ready to race!
Im Rocking DTS coilovers. THey are a new German made Coilover. All the way up they sit just under what stock height is. This shot is with about an inch more of threads to go. Im going to let them settle and see how much more I want to go.

THe ride is great. They feel remarkably similar to my KW's I had on my old B5.5 passat. And for the price they have right now, introductory special at the suspension source, its hard to pass up!