GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

College MK6 owners!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I can hardly understand how this is possible lol. Good for you though.

I go to University of Waterloo in Ontario... I assume roastpuff is the only one who might have a clue where it is. I graduate in May from Mechatronics Engineering.

Car, thankfully, is courtesy of bank of mom and dad.

I have a few friends at the 'Loo. Nearly ended up going there but in-province was much cheaper.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to the Art Institute majoring in Graphic Design.

Paying for my car with the full-time job I've had for the past 6 years on top of going to school full-time

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I can hardly understand how this is possible lol. Good for you though.

I go to University of Waterloo in Ontario... I assume roastpuff is the only one who might have a clue where it is. I graduate in May from Mechatronics Engineering.

Car, thankfully, is courtesy of bank of mom and dad.

I can believe it. I get paid $3.25 an hour at Thai Lanna and on average I come home with 80+ in tips on Fridays and I work from 5pm to 10pm close. If you calculate that it comes to a little over $19 an hour. Then weekends I work at a nursing home and get paid $10.50 an hour work 7.5 hour days. then Monday to Thursday school :( lol but 24-7 I try to find any excuse to drive my gti :thumbup:

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
i'm a sophomore at washington state university in vancouver, though i'm at the main campus at the moment. and i'm pre-med.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Full time sophomore at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Park, IL. Got a great deal on my golf so payments are pretty low and very affordable.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Easy, $20 an hour, 20 hours a week equals roughly 400 a week. My monthly payments are 400 and I don't have rent or anything to pay for since i'm still living with the folks so I still have about 300 a week to play with.
I can believe it. I get paid $3.25 an hour at Thai Lanna and on average I come home with 80+ in tips on Fridays and I work from 5pm to 10pm close. If you calculate that it comes to a little over $19 an hour. Then weekends I work at a nursing home and get paid $10.50 an hour work 7.5 hour days. then Monday to Thursday school :( lol but 24-7 I try to find any excuse to drive my gti :thumbup:

First off: $3.25/hr? Is that even legal? lol

Let me elaborate a little bit.

I could certainly understand how the math would work out. 400 bucks a month is do-able by most people.

What I meant was... if you step back and think about it... the GTI is a semi-premium car. Perhaps not so much in the states because of the price difference, but in Canada I certainly get that impression. In fact, being students, ANY car is a premium to some degree.

So when I said I could hardly understand that, what I meant was, I have a hard time picturing someone who has tuition to pay (and I hear you guys have it REALLY rough down there in the states), simply works as a pizza guy and can afford a "semi-premium" car. But please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend anyone for what they do...

And I suppose $20/hr for delivering pizza is a bit shocking too. In my internships, I've had jobs working for less than $20/hr. I would've hoped that a job in the engineering field would pay a bit better than delivering pizza. But then again they were full-time 40 hr/wk jobs, so I guess it balances out a bit. Then there were taxes to pay... and then I would save most of it away... there really wouldn't be much left to play with. But, I guess all this is easy for me to say, since I have my parents backing me.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
I dun did da smart ting and didn't waste-ed-ed mice monize on college. I jus laugh at dem college boys 5-10 jears out of schoolz and kant get no decent job dat payz worf a dayam. Day bee complain-in dat day kant get ahead in lifez becauze all day duz is pay for skoolz and edumacation dat didn't do chit fo dem in da realz world.

:23:

oSniper

Ready to race!
you can get paid below minimum wage if your job also gets you tips.

lol im pretty sure thats not legal here in canada... usually you get min wage + tips

but anyways, engineering physics (nanotechnology option) at the university of alberta

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
College of death and destruction. Bought my car in blood and sweat.

Paid straight up cash $27,800 in April 2010, 1.9 miles on the car.

Be hatin'.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
First off: $3.25/hr? Is that even legal? lol

Let me elaborate a little bit.

I could certainly understand how the math would work out. 400 bucks a month is do-able by most people.

What I meant was... if you step back and think about it... the GTI is a semi-premium car. Perhaps not so much in the states because of the price difference, but in Canada I certainly get that impression. In fact, being students, ANY car is a premium to some degree.

So when I said I could hardly understand that, what I meant was, I have a hard time picturing someone who has tuition to pay (and I hear you guys have it REALLY rough down there in the states), simply works as a pizza guy and can afford a "semi-premium" car. But please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend anyone for what they do...

And I suppose $20/hr for delivering pizza is a bit shocking too. In my internships, I've had jobs working for less than $20/hr. I would've hoped that a job in the engineering field would pay a bit better than delivering pizza. But then again they were full-time 40 hr/wk jobs, so I guess it balances out a bit. Then there were taxes to pay... and then I would save most of it away... there really wouldn't be much left to play with. But, I guess all this is easy for me to say, since I have my parents backing me.

lol yes it is legal. Minimum wage here in Indiana is $7.25 but jobs that do include tips such as waiters get paid much lower. The majority of the money we make come from tips anyways. I also see what your saying. It does seem difficult but I have no other bills to pay I just pay for my car payments and phone and that's it. My parents help me out with college tution and everything else :) Thanks mom and dad lol

p.s. Im at work enjoying my $10.50 an hour job doing this haha. (Activity assistant at nursing home) I get paid to play bingo with the residents and just do activities pretty much man I love my job. Fridays are my busy days as a waiter but I love getting cash that day instead of waiting every two weeks for a paycheck. Tuesdays pay day and stage 1 and intake here I come.....STOKED!!!!

Printmkr88

Passed Driver's Ed
Full time student at The University of New Mexico here in Albuquerque, New Mexico. BAFA in fine arts and art history. focusing in printmaking/ photography/ graphic design/ painting/ and electronic arts.

I run my own print shop = Ultimate Reality Design and I build custom furniture for architects and contractors. I do pretty well. Had a 2003 Gti VR6 but upgraded to a 2010 Gti last December. V dub all day!

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
you can get paid below minimum wage if your job also gets you tips.

I guess that's why Americans are accustomed to tipping more.

College of death and destruction. Bought my car in blood and sweat.

Paid straight up cash $27,800 in April 2010, 1.9 miles on the car.

Be hatin'.

I have no idea if you're being serious... but if you are, totally unnecessary information. But your e-penis is bigger than ours right? :rolleyes: