GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*Comparison Video* EFR MK6 vs KO4 MK6

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
No where on apr site under tsi does it mention 2+

If you check out the fsi page it clearly states both stage 2 and stage 2+ both you and him are wrong

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs :thumbsup:. And yea there is not stage 2 + with the TSI except Unitronic has a stage 2+ it's k04

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Sick car. Ever tracked it or just street runs?

Thanks man. I've been to MIR drag strip once, and I've done two HPDE's at Summit Point Raceway. Shenandoah Circuit and Summit Point Main.

APR 2+ and K04 are totally different BTW. Im 2+....

May want to revise Original post

I'm more on par with Unitronic, in the opinion that KO4 shouldn't be called stage 3. Doesn't APR also have a stage 3 kit with a GT28rs? So APR has two different stage 3 kits? I just keep it simple and call KO4 stage 2+. It's ok, people can call it what they want, it's a KO4 turbo either way.

What are you using for manifold?

Stock manifold.

46 degrees in the empty streets of Mexico hmm... ;)

We did some snowboarding afterwards. Mexico has great ski resorts. :thumbsup:

is lou's car that much slower than mine or is that extra 15whp make buses of difference?

Your car was one of a kind, I swear. I'd say your car probably put a good 10-15whp more down than Lou's car. I have probably 20whp more than my Uni tune. I'm sitting at 380whp by the feel of things right now. I need to dyno again. I got that surge tank with the Bosch 044 pump, and a bigger meth nozzle. AND I have my interior stripped at the moment, with only one Sparco Evo II (driver seat). So yeah, bus lengths. Lou's car is still quick, this video just made it seem like it wasn't.

Makes k04 look like poop

It really does... But you just have to keep in mind, my car is not normal. It's kinda fast. KO4 is quick and has amazing daily drivability. For instance, not on video, but me and Lou punched it at 3krpm in 4th gear and he jumped a whole car on me right away due to how much faster the KO4 spools. I couldn't catch him till I shifted into 5th. They both have their pro's and cons. KO4 can make a lot of people very happy. I mean look at the KO4 boner club. LOL. Has a shit ton of satisfied, boner toting members.

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
Your car was one of a kind, I swear. I'd say your car probably put a good 10-15whp more down than Lou's car. I have probably 20whp more than my Uni tune. I'm sitting at 380whp by the feel of things right now. I need to dyno again. I got that surge tank with the Bosch 044 pump, and a bigger meth nozzle. AND I have my interior stripped at the moment, with only one Sparco Evo II (driver seat). So yeah, bus lengths. Lou's car is still quick, this video just made it seem like it wasn't.

Did you even take the interior panels out, or just back seat with the new bucket seats?

If you took the rear panels out do they use the same clips as the doors? :D

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Did you even take the interior panels out, or just back seat with the new bucket seats?

If you took the rear panels out do they use the same clips as the doors? :D

No I didn't completely gut it. I sold my entire leather interior and got Sparco's. (flamesuit on). Sparco Evo II's weighs like 17lb's each. Freakin' awesome. Holds you like a glove. I can't wait to hit Summit with them.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs, your car rips!

It really does :D:cool: The feeling it gives you when you hook in 3rd is just nuts. I just think to myself sometimes... "Really Zach? Really? 50-85mph in the blink of an eye? Chill out..."

Nonethless, those are great runs. K04 aint got nothing on that EFR

This EFR is really something special :clap:, considering I got the 7163 as a prototype a whole year early. It just finally released at SEMA 2012.

Halvie

WOOSA
No I didn't completely gut it. I sold my entire leather interior and got Sparco's. (flamesuit on). Sparco Evo II's weighs like 17lb's each. Freakin' awesome. Holds you like a glove. I can't wait to hit Summit with them.

you don't need a flamesuit

A_Bowers

It really does :D:cool: The feeling it gives you when you hook in 3rd is just nuts. I just think to myself sometimes... "Really Zach? Really? 50-85mph in the blink of an eye? Chill out..."

This EFR is really something special :clap:, considering I got the 7163 as a prototype a whole year early. It just finally released at SEMA 2012.

Ive held the thing in my hands....its awesome. Quite a big sized snail.