GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

coolant is disappering

Robin golf R

Hello i have a big problem with my Golf R mk6 2010. I filled the coolant to max and after 2 days i got the "cheack coolant" coming up on the dash bord, I did not find any leaks and no coolant was dripping under the car. I filled it up to max again and after 2 days same thing happend, dose anyone know what i could be?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Inspect for leaks from the radiator or t stat housing. I had a coolant loss issue with another car didn’t leak but the radiator had a hairline crack.

Do a cylinder pressure test.

Robin golf R

Inspect for leaks from the radiator or t stat housing. I had a coolant loss issue with another car didn’t leak but the radiator had a hairline crack.

Do a cylinder pressure test.
okey thanks, one of the hoses have something that looks like green mud on it could it be from the coolant leak?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Could be but the coolent should be pink not green. Might only leak when it’s running and up to operating temp. So you might have to check while the car is running.

Robin golf R

Could be but the coolent should be pink not green. Might only leak when it’s running and up to operating temp. So you might have to check while the car is running.
Yeah its only when the car is running, do you think it could be the head gasket because there is white stuff under the oil cap but not on the oil stick and its not coming white smoke from the car and it has never overheated and it runs like normal

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It could be, a leak down test would help rule that out. I don’t think these cars are known for head gasket issues and depending on where the failure happened the car doesn’t always overheat. An oil analysis would show if there is coolent present in the oil.