GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DasAuto1295's 2012 GTI Build Thread

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
HOLY THREAD BUMP

Trying to see if anyone will buy or trade for my wheels. Looking to get on some 2 or 3 piece wheels. I LOOOVE my Monoblocks but getting a little tired of the flashy candy red. Time for them to go to a new home. If I had the money to I'd keep them and get a new setup. But I cannot. :D

Wheels I'm eyeing if anyone cares:
First two sets are owned by a guy I may be meeting up with when I get back to school. Found him in Rare Wheel Awareness facebook group and turns out he lives in Dayton. Said he'd consider trade for either set.

Gotti 17" 3 piece

Weds Kranze ERM (discontinued 2 piece) would eventually change the color and get center caps

Aaaand if my wheels sell instead of trading..

Volk Racing GTP 3 piece 17"

BBS RS-II Anthracite powdercoated 17"

Blitz Type 01

definitely some good choices you got there. I definitely like the gottis or the weds. Curious how the gottis would look though on a mk6

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
not feeling the 1st or 3rd option, id get the bbs over the rest.

love the murica montage, though.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Forget the list I have up there.
2 sets of wheels I'm heavily considering..

BBS LM F1 Edition 17x8/17x9

OZ Pegasus 17x8.5/17x10

Pics random from the internet

BBS on Rzarektah's car from this forum

OZ's again random google image, not sure whose car this is but fitment would be essentially like this not bagged

Last edited:

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
you can never go wrong with either honestly. I definitely love oz pegasus but if you are into mesh then you can't go wrong with bbs lm. There is this guy that is selling a fully polished oz pegasus and its worth drooling over imo.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
you can never go wrong with either honestly. I definitely love oz pegasus but if you are into mesh then you can't go wrong with bbs lm. There is this guy that is selling a fully polished oz pegasus and its worth drooling over imo.
See the thing is I never really cared for the run of the mill LM, probably because of all the bros out there running the 30,000 different replicas made. Them I saw the LM F1 edition and I fell in love. But I'm also in love with the OZ's! [emoji35]

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Yea I guess that's why I'm not huge with mesh type wheels since it is one of the most copied designs. Also they are a pain to clean lol. Although one of my dream wheels are bbs rs up sized to 18s. Hopefully I can add it to my ever growing collection lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Yea I guess that's why I'm not huge with mesh type wheels since it is one of the most copied designs. Also they are a pain to clean lol. Although one of my dream wheels are bbs rs up sized to 18s. Hopefully I can add it to my ever growing collection lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah those are quite nice. Have seen them in a few cars and at first thought it looked stupid but somehow now I love it lol
SO MUCH WHEEL PR0N

- Renato
[emoji6]

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Long overdue update... I sold the AMG's finally and got some new ramz. Weds Kranze Glossa. 18x8 +46 front 18x9 +46 rear. All pics are of the rears. Gonna do probably 215/35 Nankang's all around.

Plus a cool old cockpit shot that I don't know if I posted or not.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I'm back in town for a long weekend so I got to test fit my wheels. Front fitment is essentially the same as my winters so I didn't bother but I wanted to see how the rears fit. Will have to drill the lug holes out slightly to properly accommodate the wobble bolts. Excuse the shitty pictures, the garage lighting was awful. First couple pics of them not on the car are of the fronts.
And yes, I am aware that the wheel is on the wrong side of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk