GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dashcommand for iOS

k3v0

Ready to race!
I REALLY wish the iphone would work with bluetooth...that way I could bluetooth for DashCommand and WIFI over to mirrorcast to my head unit... having this APP run on the headunit 8" screen would be FUCKING AWESOME

i have a pioneer appradio and dashcommand has their app configured to go fullscreen, it's nice having the full dashboard up

Shoehat

Ready to race!
Got the app, waiting on the dongle...

Does anyone know if any of the advanced settings are different for a six speed?
Specifically the final drive ratios or shift point?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Got the app, waiting on the dongle...

Does anyone know if any of the advanced settings are different for a six speed?

Specifically the final drive ratios or shift point?

Here
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414717584.088189.jpg

Shoehat

Ready to race!
Awesome, thank you!

edit: the app is saying 5th should be a smaller # than 4th (makes sense). Is that a typo? did they get flipped?

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just used this briefly, seems pretty rad for the price of course. Anyone else see/have where it shows you do not have readiness for the O2 sensors, even tho you are on a non-test pipe file from apr and using a spacer?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, thank you!

edit: the app is saying 5th should be a smaller # than 4th (makes sense). Is that a typo? did they get flipped?

Yeah I just flipped them when I got that message. Don't know if it's a typo in the vw documentation.

Shoehat

Ready to race!
Got the cheapo dongle, plugged it in, works great!

There are some pretty cool dashboards available, if you find any you like let's see 'em.

Not many VW specific though. This one is called "BonellaRed WRX ShiftLight 6k..."

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
There are few gti themes.
Prefer using gauges though and the standard theme seems best for portrait orientation use
LFA ones are good
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415157486.681946.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415157506.743770.jpg

alr GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Fuel Quantity and range readings

Yes you can see all that stuff.
I'm not connected to the car with these pics

xd-data,
After seeing your posts in this forum, I purchased and am exploring the Dash Command app on my iPhone. I find that i do not get any fuel quantity or range information from my app. I have run thru 3 tanks of gas and "nada" zeros all the way. Are you getting fuel readings with your set up?

ALR GTi

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
For fuel you have to reset in the app when you fill up the tank. It works then I believe, rarely used the fuel stuff in it. Mfd is easier got that. I do see the fuel flow rate and other things in the app though

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
bump.....

I need to check my codes.. think this would be pretty cool.

so i found this for 4.99. I seen another member use it on his car and worked, but on an android.
https://www.google.com/search?q=WIF...channel=rcs&tbm=shop&spd=18342146101309382938

then i found this one too, http://www.obdinnovations.com/wifi-obd2-auto-diagnostics-scanner-with-cable/

then the legendary PLX http://thmotorsports.com/plx-devices/plx-devices-kiwi-2-wifi/2399/i-1972221.aspx

which one can i use? Again, i just want to check codes and acouple readings here and there. I have a boost gauge already.

Thanks fellows!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
nobody??!

Guess I'll just go with the PLX.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
So i just got my ELM327 and DashCommander App.

How accurate is this thing? i mainly got this bc i wanted to clear codes. and after doing research i found this thread. My boost is way off. and HP and Tq.
i understand this is an "estimate" but my vacuum is -11.9 and HP is 120 and Tq 135 at most.
I followed the info that xd-data-ii referenced. but still its off. what about everything else? intake temp? coolant? do i go by those readings? is this thing just a gimmick to show your non-car ppl friends?

Last edited: