GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daytime running lights question

Riveramichael17

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 mk7 gti ( about a month and a half old)

So I've been searching around and only found one method to turn off drl which is the turn signal. Unfortunately that did not work for me. Is there any other method to turn them off without having to code. Or can you explain better how to use the turn signal method( maybe I'm doing something wrong) Thanks in advance!!

focalBlur

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure what you are asking.

Normal function of the DRL's(NAR Lighting Package, not sure if it is exactly the same for no LP cars):
Any time the car is on and the parking brake is off and the dipped or main beam are off they should be on, including with parking lights.
Factory coding allows for one side to turn off when the corresponding turn signal is activated.

They only way to disable them fully is with coding changes, there are several options.
I have mine set so that I can turn them off in the car settings on the MIB II

Riveramichael17

Passed Driver's Ed
With the 2016 mk7 gti s you have daytime running lights. I don't have the lighting package so the halogens kind of bother me. I would like to disable the drl so it's not on unless I turn it on. There's a method where you can turn it off by pushing the signal stalk down while switching the car to on position and pulling the stalk toward you. Once you here the beep the drl should turn off. However this isn't working for me. Maybe this worked with the older model of the mk7. I've heard may people have success with this method.

Thanks for you response. I appreciate it

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Probably have to code it. I did on my Golf and you can free up an option in your MFD that lets you toggle them on and off whenever you want. Never got the signal stalk to work

Riveramichael17

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you need one of those converter box for those lights? And I'm hearing people mention something about having an error code . Do you know roughly how much they go for? My plan was to get those lights but I still wouldn't like to hacer he lights running all day.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I cannot understand why anyone would want to turn off what is probably the most effective safety feature you can have on a car.