Go Kart Champion
jesus christ

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I splurge too..

when the lady at chic fil a ask if i wanna make my meal a large.\

But in all seriousness thats a nice list of mods.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yea, I'd get some motor and transmission mounts. 034 motorsports street density mounts are what I just installed last weekend and I'm kicking myself for not installing them sooner. They are great. I didn't feel any increase in harshness, vibrations are a little louder but I'm sure it'll get better as they settle. But I have a bunch more grip in 1st and 2nd gear, and it was an easy install!

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Yea, I'd get some motor and transmission mounts. 034 motorsports street density mounts are what I just installed last weekend and I'm kicking myself for not installing them sooner. They are great. I didn't feel any increase in harshness, vibrations are a little louder but I'm sure it'll get better as they settle. But I have a bunch more grip in 1st and 2nd gear, and it was an easy install!

Don't mean to car jack the thread but I'm looking to install the street density mounts as well, did you do anything to the dogbone mount? I'm thinking if I should get that done at the same time but I don't want too much NVH...

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Don't mean to car jack the thread but I'm looking to install the street density mounts as well, did you do anything to the dogbone mount? I'm thinking if I should get that done at the same time but I don't want too much NVH...

My dogbone mount is still stock. I was just looking at the APR Pendulum mount last night. Thats the only mount I'm missing and I will probably install it at some point. I've got the VWR upper and lower subframe mount with these 034 engine/trans mounts and I think they are a great combo.

I was looking to see if the dogbone mount would add a lot of NVH and it seems to have mixed reviews but in the name of traction i'll probably install it anyways. That VWR subframe mount has been the biggest increase in NVH out of all of them... probably because its poly and not rubber.

blackwrath88

Ready to race!

I actually ended up purchasing all 3 VF engineering mounts. I've used them before on my MK3 GTI and the company has been around for as long as I can remember. I'm expecting some NVH but there not as bad as people make it out to be. I normally see guys complaining about NVH when they replace just 1 or 2 out of the 3 mounts. Which makes sense as energy will travel to the other stock mounts and cause extreme NVH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I actually ended up purchasing all 3 VF engineering mounts. I've used them before on my MK3 GTI and the company has been around for as long as I can remember. I'm expecting some NVH but there not as bad as people make it out to be. I normally see guys complaining about NVH when they replace just 1 or 2 out of the 3 mounts. Which makes sense as energy will travel to the other stock mounts and cause extreme NVH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plus NVH is really up to the end user... you may find one set up perfectly okay and another person could hate it or vice versa.

I always take those NVH comments with a grain of salt as its kinda hard to tell really unless you drive in it before hand.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
plus NVH is really up to the end user... you may find one set up perfectly okay and another person could hate it or vice versa.

I always take those NVH comments with a grain of salt as its kinda hard to tell really unless you drive in it before hand.

Agreed. I will say that NVH don't really bother me unless it is extreme... like if it makes my voice vibrate when I talk lol. But I did not really FEEL an increase in NVH; its more that its louder at idle than before.

blackwrath88

Ready to race!
Quick update on the progress.

All parts have been ordered and most have arrived but I'm still waiting on a few items to get here! I've ordered from both USP and ECS tuning and have noticed a few minor issues with ECS. Some of the items that were listed as "In stock" were actually not in stock when I placed the order. However if USP had the item listed as "In stock" the item would actually be In stock and shipped out the same day.

I'm currently still waiting on ECS to ship my rear rotors and braided brake lines as well as my front big brake kit which were both listed as in stock before the order. I found out today that the calipers are still being painted so I guess they build these to order. Besides the shipping delays both ECS and USP have been great to deal with and very good with keeping me up to date on the tracking.

Everything looks like it should be here by the end of the next week which I will be sure to post pictures of but until then please see the current mod list below.

ECU/Misc.
APR KO4 100 octane file*
Apr Mobile Dongle

ENGINE:
• APR K04 Turbo*KIT
• VFSide Engine Mount
• Snow performance Stage 2 Boost-Controlled Water/Meth Injection Kit
• Throttle Body Spacer/w meth port
• SPULEN 2.0TSI Boost Pipe Kit
• Integrated Engineering Catch can kit
• Wagner Intercooler
• NEW APR stage 1 & 2 Carbon Intake

Suspension
• PSS Coil over Kit
• Super-Pro Performance Control Arms
• Super-Pro Vehicle Master Bushing Kit- Track
• H&R Sway Bar 26mm MK6 GTI/Golf (Front)
• H&R Sway Bar 22mm MK6 GTI/Golf (Rear)
• Rear Adjustable Sway Bar End links
• Front Adjustable Sway Bar End Link*

Transmission
• South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch Kit
• Integrated Engineering Solid Cable Shifter Bracket
• VF-Engineering Engine Pendulum Mount
• VF-Transmission Mount
• Torque Solutions Shifter Cable Bracket Bushings
• Wavetrac Differential
• ARP LSD Bolt Kit 02M/02Q Transmission*

Brakes