GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delphi RCD 510 aux in and mdi do not work

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys so i recently bought a 2011 golf gti and i believe i have a delphi RCD 510 installed because it seems different than the regular oem versions. my version is seen here does not have the phone button but has arrows instead. Also my Aux input and MDI input do not work. I'm guessing the previous owner did not connect the aux/mdi cables into the head unit? I did some research and i think maybe the issue is because the aux pins need swapping on the RCD 510. Also would i need Vagcom to reprogram the RCD 510. Any help is appreciated

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
If the car has mdi and an aux input it probably came with an RCD-510. The original revision AC radio may have quit working and it was replaced with the cheap radio. It could be coding or it could be that it needs turned on in the settings on the media menu.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
If the car has mdi and an aux input it probably came with an RCD-510. The original revision AC radio may have quit working and it was replaced with the cheap radio. It could be coding or it could be that it needs turned on in the settings on the media menu.

I believe it didnt because the previous owner told me he changed the head unit. and i am certain this is the chinese version of the RCD 510.

I already enabled the aux and mdi input through the settings and the head unit still wont recognize the aux input when conected to my phone.

I thought swapping to a RCD 510 in a mk6 is just plug and play other than the anti theft code

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
I doubt you need vag com to code it.
Also you can't have MDI and AUX at the same time.
You can have only one of them because they both go into the same plug.
Your radio has 3 plugs for external media.
1 for bluetooth
1 for aux/mdi (yours does not support MDI either)
1 for USB media (ipod, iphone or normal usb).

The 3 wires AUX wires should be in the far left of the plug.
They should look like this: ":."

You can either change up the wires if they are not in that order or buy a new one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATE-...est=201556_3,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201409_5